Surefire Customer Service Story

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey CPF,

So, I bought a used E1e SG with the non clipped teardrop bezel off of the MP awhile ago. Great light and in excellent shape with the exception of the lexan lens/window. It has quite a few scratches/chips that you can see in the beam.

I emailed [email protected] in regards to a replacement lens and received a response back the next day asking for my address and phone number so that they can send me a replacement bezel and lens. :eek: :party:

Pretty awesome customer service!!! Considering I'm not the original owner and that the issue is not manufacturer defect, but simply wear and tear. Another :twothumbs customer service experience from Surefire!

My only question is what bezel they will be sending. I doubt that they have the old teardrop style on hand still. :thinking:

-Steve

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's what I figured too. I'll definitely post an update once I hear back from them/receive the bezel.

nanomu

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like a familiar SF CS story..

I suppose you could seperate the lens from the bezel.

Nice of them to send you a spare bezel! :whistle:

swampgator

Enlightened
Funny I never get much of a response via email from SF. A phone call, on the other hand, gets me right through. However it did take awhile for the part to get to me. Left me wondering if they shipped repair/replacement parts at the end of the month.

mdocod

Flashaholic
I've had basically the same great experience with them.

I emailed a picture of my E2E which I inadvertently busted the clip off of. The damage was my own fault which I explained. I asked if there was a way to either purchase a new clip or be sent as a warranty replacement. I included my address in the email and they had a clip in the mail for me the next day.

I've had similarly excellent service from Streamlight as well. Argo HP developed a busted tailcap due to lack of lube (my fault again), they sent 3 replacements, not just one, no questions asked.

Eric

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
I emailed a picture of my E2E which I inadvertently busted the clip off of. The damage was my own fault which I explained. I asked if there was a way to either purchase a new clip or be sent as a warranty replacement. I included my address in the email and they had a clip in the mail for me the next day.

I suspect that they, like I, consider clips to be consumables.

Every Surefire customer service call I've ever made went as well as Original Poster's, by the way.

Mr Bigglow

Enlightened
I would be most interested to hear about what happens to Canadians who need SF customer service.

pilote

Newly Enlightened
i have emailed them 3 times regarding replacement parts (bezel, tailcap, clip)...they have responded quickly and sent me the parts as they promised each time...

for cr123/"handheld pocket" lights, only Surefires for me...no need or desire to try the other nice brands available...