Does 200 lumen single mode 123 EDC light exist?

SDouglas

Newly Enlightened
Okay, I know it is sort of a Newbie question. I would like to have a small EDC one or two 123 batteries that can actually put out 200 lumens without having to cycle through a dozen modes or have a phd to operate.

Does anyone make such a light?

Burgess

Flashaholic
You can certainly get a 4Sevens Quark Tactical flashlight.

Program it as "Full Blast" for BOTH of its modes.

Hope this is helpful.

Good Luck in yer' quest for the Perfect Flashlight.

:candle:
_

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check shiningbeam and look at their romisen lights. I think the rc-n3 with XP-G R4 might be good for you. It can switch from 1xcr123 to 2xAA your choice. The RC-A4 X or RC-C3 might also interest you from there.

shipwreck

Enlightened
Since you mentioned "2" 123 batteries as a possibility - look at the Eagletac P20C2 Mk II.

300 OTF lumens, and not that big. I also have the tactical version, which is longer and fatter. But the "P" model is a nice size, and puts out a lot of light.

sfca

Enlightened
Okay, I know it is sort of a Newbie question. I would like to have a small EDC one or two 123 batteries that can actually put out 200 lumens without having to cycle through a dozen modes or have a phd to operate.

Even though is is 2-mode I must recommend the Surefire E2DL. TIR optic; no reflector.
This is an excellent EDC light. Call SF, ask them for a warranty LX2 clip - put it on and voila awesome!
It's a lean light and I had no problems with my pockets ever.

Check out the CPF discounts page at the marketplace.

So what's your price range? Better to list that too.
If it's enough you can consider a C2 host (if you don't mind a bezel up clip).
Infinitely upgradeable with a variety of P60 drop-ins. ~240 lumens XR-E throwers or 300+ lumen XP-G floodier lights.
Neoseikans D1500 (XP-G TIR optic) drop-in looks promising.

Last edited:

Curt R

Enlightened
How about 300 Lumens OTF with a single CR123A battery: The Logan, Rainier, Pyrenees and K2. And they are
made entirely in the U.S.

Curt

stallion2

Enlightened
How about 300 Lumens OTF with a single CR123A battery: The Logan, Rainier, Pyrenees and K2. And they are

Curt

WOW! its been too long since i've last been to Peak's site. they have a ton of new lights that all look pretty amazing. unfortunately, their site is still creepier than Gensis' "Land of Confusion" music video but i suppose thats forgiveable.

ky70

Banned
I'm with Sol lek with the Romisen RC-A4 X from shiningbeam. It's a single mode with momentary on/forward clicky and it's brighter than my Zebralight SC50 which has a listed max output of 193 lumens. Sounds like this light meets your needs and a decent price of $22 it's hard to beat.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
You need to scour through the bigchelis sticky at the top of the page.

A malkoff M30 in a VME head on a surefire E series host, powered by an IMR 16340 will plant you well north of 200L OTF.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can certainly get a 4Sevens Quark Tactical flashlight.

Program it as "Full Blast" for BOTH of its modes.

Hope this is helpful.

Good Luck in yer' quest for the Perfect Flashlight.

:candle:
_

LOL:crackup:
quarks are awesome!

or what about a jetbeam RRT-0. jetbeam will be releasing a new version using a cree XP-G R5. I love the selector ring on my RRT-0. you can set the brightness before clicking the light on.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are very few single mode lights but there are many multi-mode lights where you never need to cycle through the modes to get to max. As you know, there are also many where you do need to cycle through modes. Some multi-mode single 123 lights like the Jetbeam RRT-0 and Notecore SR3 have selector rings for modes. You can just keep it on max if that is all you want. Somebody already suggested a quark 123 tactical (don't get a regular quark or you will need to cycle through strobe and max). There are also many dual 123 lights Like the Jetbeam RRT-2 (selector ring) and EagleTac p20C2/T20C2 where you don't need to cycle. Many Many options

Last edited:

jellydonut

Enlightened
I use the Malkoff MD2, it outputs around there, it only has one mode and one button that only goes one way, and it takes two CR123's. Carry it everywhere I go.

HIDblue

Enlightened

You can also check out the Lumapower Incendio V3 (370 emitter lumens claimed) and the Fenix PD20+ (190 lumens). Both only use one 123 batt, are very compact, good UI's, and perfect size for EDC.

I carried the PD20 for a while now and it's a great pocket EDC light, but recently switched to the Incendio V3.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Curt

I didn't think ANY of those lights hit those numebrs on primaries. I might need to look into peak again. I can't seem to find any of that info on the site. Does one need to pick power level 8 or anything special to get those numbers?