Apple Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

daimleramg

Banned
I'm pretty sure almost everyone here on this forum has a cell phone and wants it to work properly. Now lets just say you bought a new phone for $300.00 with a 3 year contract($800.00 without contract) and your phone keeps dropping calls, so you email the CEO of the company saying when I hold my phone a certain way I loose all reception. Then you receive an email from the CEO saying "just avoid holding the phone that way".

Would you ever buy another phone from this company? I hope not, the company in question is Apple and the CEO is Steve Jobs. Here is the proof...

the email...

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/24/apple-responds-over-iphone-4-reception-issues-youre-holding-th/

the youtube video proof of the problem...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03PQyWp0mWE

This is how I see this...

Doctor my arms hurts when I hold it this way

Doctor says "just avoid holding it that way"

I have always hated the iPhones and will never buy one, and I hope this makes you think twice before buying an iPhone.

Last edited:

SmurfTacular

Enlightened
I have always hated the iPhones and will never buy one, and I hope this makes you think twice before buying an iPhone.

Woah, why the hate? Every company has flaws when they release something. Isn't the debut of the iphone 4 today? I don't see myself ever buying a Mac computer, but Apple makes really good phones and mp3 players.

daimleramg

Banned
Woah, why the hate? Every company has flaws when they release something. Isn't the debut of the iphone 4 today? I don't see myself ever buying a Mac computer, but Apple makes really good phones and mp3 players.

Because of Steve Jobs huge ego, he thinks he is gods gift to the world and everything he creates is gold. If you notice his commercials with Justin Long as Steve Jobs and some old fat guy as Windows. Microsoft will never stoop that low and bash Apple, there are more windows based PC's out there then Apple and so Microsft would never need to retaliate.

SmurfTacular

Enlightened
Yeah I remember those unfair low-blow commercials that where obviously propagandistic and borderline lies. They really upset me.

You hate Apple OS, and so do I. As far as there computers go they over prices pieces of poop. So they double fail on there computers hardware, and software.

Now lets put that aside. They make amazing phones and mp3 players. And they are revolutionizing portable electronics whether or not you want to accept that. And what does Steve Jobbs personal life and attitude have anything to do with their product?

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
The phone is $200 and the contract is 2 years.

I'll agree that letting some or all iPhone 4s out of the factory with an externally groundable antenna (possibly a design flaw) is certainly bad, the email reply is much more reasonable than the straw-man argument in the OP and the problem as shown in the video is much less drastic than the OP makes it seem.

I think somebody's a little bitter over the success of the iPhone.

daimleramg

Banned
Now lets put that aside. They make amazing phones and mp3 players. And they are revolutionizing portable electronics whether or not you want to accept that. And what does Steve Jobbs personal life and attitude have anything to do with their product?

Good phones? lemme think...

Pitcure and video messaging came out around 2007 and The Iphone 3GS came out with it in 2009 2 years behind.

HD screens for cellphones came out in 2008 and Apple is just upgraded their iPhone 4's screen in 2010 also 2 years behind.

The iPhone 4 has 720p video capture but VGA TV out? 640*480? Does that make sense?

The HTC EVO also has 720p video capture and it has an HDMI out so does the Motorla DROID X

If the CEO of a company has a bad attitude towards their customers shouldnt that ring a bell not to do business with them again?

I'm right handed and I use my left hand to hold my phone because I like to keep my right hand free to do things. But this is just rediculous, he is forcing people to use their right hands.

I hope you dont take this the wrong way I have nothing against you and hope you dont think I'm offending you in anyway.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone can claim that electronics without the newest technology are failures. But a product is more than its specs - user experience, advertisement, and customer base contribute. If the iPhone sucked, it wouldn't sell. It must be good at something.

Swagg

Enlightened
I have the iPhone 4g, no issues with holding the phone left handed and dropping calls.

I'm in media, and a pro photographer and there is no PC out there that does what my Mac can with ease ( in truth they do but in the end costing more in money and time). I work in an office that uses both platforms and our macs NEVER loose info or have issues. All of our PCs have had major crashes at one point or another.

Really I think you have some odd hang up with Jobs that might mar your view of the OS and apple products. When it comes right down to it, he absolutely changed the industry for the better-think about it, droid and all other smart phones now follow the model of mobile media that apple determined. That's says something doesn't it?

SmurfTacular

Enlightened
Good phones? lemme think...

Pitcure and video messaging came out around 2007 and The Iphone 3GS came out with it in 2009 2 years behind.

HD screens for cellphones came out in 2008 and Apple is just upgraded their iPhone 4's screen in 2010 also 2 years behind.

The iPhone 4 has 720p video capture but VGA TV out? 640*480? Does that make sense?

The HTC EVO also has 720p video capture and it has an HDMI out so does the Motorla DROID X

If the CEO of a company has a bad attitude towards their customers shouldnt that ring a bell not to do business with them again?

I'm right handed and I use my left hand to hold my phone because I like to keep my right hand free to do things. But this is just rediculous, he is forcing people to use their right hands.

I hope you dont take this the wrong way I have nothing against you and hope you dont think I'm offending you in anyway.

Your bringing up features and flaws from the past. And you can't take all of the best features ever invented and compile them into one phone. You take something the iphone has, and compare that feature with a phone that specializes in that specific feature. Its like saying the iphone doesn't have as good as picture quality as an HD video camera. C'mon, I think your being a bit unfair.

The iPhone 4 is changing the people communicate with their dual video cameras allowing two iPhone users to video communicate while holding their phone in their hand. Thats a revolution whether you like it or not. Also, iphones touching sensitivity is NOT EVEN COMPARABLE. I have used the droid, along with all the other iphone predecessors, and non where even remotely comparable to the amazing touch reactant screen. Even their dual finger screen navigation is incredible.

Im surprised you didn't bring up the iPhones lack in a pull out physical keyboard. To me, that is the ONLY flaw, even then, its just a personal opinion whether to have it or not.

And im sure the whole left hand thing is just a temporary flaw, and I don't think Steve Jobbs is trying to force the Whole world to use their right hand to talk.

And no, i'm not taking any offense to this constructive debate.

carrot

Flashaholic
I have the iPhone 4g, no issues with holding the phone left handed and dropping calls.

I'm in media, and a pro photographer and there is no PC out there that does what my Mac can with ease ( in truth they do but in the end costing more in money and time). I work in an office that uses both platforms and our macs NEVER loose info or have issues. All of our PCs have had major crashes at one point or another.

Really I think you have some odd hang up with Jobs that might mar your view of the OS and apple products. When it comes right down to it, he absolutely changed the industry for the better-think about it, droid and all other smart phones now follow the model of mobile media that apple determined. That's says something doesn't it?
+1 this. The landscape of computing is changing and Jobs, whether you like him or not is at the helm. The product is solid.

daimleramg

Banned
The iPhone 4 is changing the people communicate with their dual video cameras allowing two iPhone users to video communicate while holding their phone in their hand. Thats a revolution whether you like it or not.

I really hope you knew that video calls are about 3 years old. Rogers is one of the giants in Canada and back in 2007 when video calls came out they had a promo is you signed up you get 1 free year of video calls.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone else find it sort of odd that the sender of the email emialed Jobs himself instead of Apple's support people? On top of that, he actually responded. If Jobs' email address is public then I would suspect that he would get thousands of emails per day; how did he manage to actually answer one?

I am also left handed and not an Apple fan, but I don't think that this is all that big of a deal, or that Steve Jobs is secretly trying to turn us all into righties.

Swagg

Enlightened
Does anyone else find it sort of odd that the sender of the email emialed Jobs himself instead of Apple's support people? On top of that, he actually responded. If Jobs' email address is public then I would suspect that he would get thousands of emails per day; how did he manage to actually answer one?

I am also left handed and not an Apple fan, but I don't think that this is all that big of a deal, or that Steve Jobs is secretly trying to turn us all into righties.

It's well known that Steve personally answers hundreds of emails, he spends hours doing it and his personal email is public. Name a CEO that does that!

Really, the entire mobile media industry is taking all it's cues from Apple, they are all copying it's model. It's not about the newest freshest tech with Apple, it's about doing things great and making it easy on the consumer to do certain tasks. By actually spending time figuring out how to make the right things
easy they have become revolutionary product designers.

carrot

Flashaholic
I really hope you knew that video calls are about 3 years old. Rogers is one of the giants in Canada and back in 2007 when video calls came out they had a promo is you signed up you get 1 free year of video calls.
But did anyone actually use them?

Apple is a pioneer, anything they do the industry will follow. They may not be the first to do something, but they are the first to do it in a way that appeals to the mass market.

SmurfTacular

Enlightened

Was it on a cell phone? If it was, I have never heard of it. I'm not saying that Steve Jobbs is the inventor of video chat. But he is making it available for everyone.

EDIT:

But did anyone actually use them?

Apple is a pioneer, anything they do the industry will follow. They may not be the first to do something, but they are the first to do it in a way that appeals to the mass market.

beat me to it

+1

Swagg

Enlightened

Actually it's much older than that. Simplicity I think is something you are missing the point on, not the first just the best and best at it...

None of my friends (we're all tech heads and all get the newest gadgets) can video chat with their wives as easily as I can with one click...they are in awe.

But let's not get hung up on one or two features now...

daimleramg

Banned
Actually it's much older than that. Simplicity I think is something you are missing the point on, not the first just the best and best at it...

None of my friends (we're all tech heads and all get the newest gadgets) can video chat with their wives as easily as I can with one click...they are in awe.

But let's not get hung up on one or two features now...

Here's the flaw with Apples FaceTime, you must use it through wifi, I can video call anyone on my network(not just iPhones) through 3G.

liquidsix

Enlightened
It's no surprise when you complete the circuit between two antennas receiving separate signals that you'd lose reception. I'd still get the iphone 4 despite that, and if I found it was a problem I'd cover up the gap with something non-conductive like the iskin you're going to put on the phone anyways!

I'm not an apple fan. I won't defend them, but this reception thing is no reason not to buy an iphone 4. It's not the show stopper anyone would have you think it is. The lack of Flash support is! HTML5 isn't a replacement for flash! It's not as interactive and can't stream video! Because they can't properly support it, or it breaks some of their tyrannical borders, Apple's propaganda machine has started a campaign to have you believe Flash is dying. This is where they lose credibility in my books.

Despite all that the iphone 4 still looks pretty cool. It's cheaped out implementation of multitasking is just enough of what I want for multitasking from a phone (background skype!). I'd still get one.

Swagg

Enlightened
Here's the flaw with Apples FaceTime, you must use it through wifi, I can video call anyone on my network(not just iPhones) through 3G.

Here's the flaw with your phone(whatever it is): it didn't define the mobile media race, it's just now playing catch up with Apple. Have fun with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.