Used my X5T to help a handicapped woman tonight...

Drjones

Enlightened
So I was at the movies on a date. (28 Days Later!!!)

A handicapped woman sat down in the row in front of my date and I. She had those cane-things that grip onto your forearms.

Anyhow, as she was trying to sit down, she dropped her purse. I promptly grabbed my X5T out of my pocket, fired it up and picked up her purse for her. She thanked me and asked me to check if anything had fallen out. I found a couple coins on the ground, which may or may not have been hers, but I picked them up for her regardless.

I think that's a pretty darn good use of a flashlight, eh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh, and it was pretty pitch black in the theatre, as they had already started the previews so the overhead lights had shut off.

The thing I think is interesting about this situation is that neither the woman nor my date commented on my flashlight. I say that because I have read many stories here of people getting funny looks and questions when others see their flashlights.

Anyhow, glad to have done my part, and thanks to my trusty Inova!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, it might be because the X5T has a smooth and uneventful, yet useful, wide beam. Its subtleness, especially in a situation where other people's attentions aren't entirely focused on you might've helped.

I can imagine if you whipped out an L4, or heaven forbid, an M3, you might get a few more stares if you turned it on...

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
FalconFX said:
Well, it might be because the X5T has a smooth and uneventful, yet useful, wide beam. Its subtleness, especially in a situation where other people's attentions aren't entirely focused on you might've helped.

I can imagine if you whipped out an L4, or heaven forbid, an M3, you might get a few more stares if you turned it on...

[/ QUOTE ]

What about those few that edc the M6 with the hola. People might mug you for lighting that up in a theater. I have to say, I feel the Inova X5T is one of the finest flashlights ever made. I am a Surefire NUT and have a Tigerlight, but there is something about the design of the X5T that is very appealing. Is it that sturdy feeling with a nice heft and dependable output that doesn't freak people out? And lets not forget it's classy look. When I take walks with my Tigerlight or Poor Man's M4, people react to them. I get the sense that people think there is a problem in the neihborhood when I'm out with the powerful lights. The Inova draws less attention and gets the job done. Just my $.02 worth.
oldgrandpajack

Blikbok

Enlightened
A2- best of both worlds. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Somehow, it's beam is less harsh than the Arc AAA.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Used my X5T to help a handicapped woman tonigh

Very good, indeed! I don't know about there, but, the theaters around here use dark carpeting. Even so, the Infinity Ultra was enough to find something.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

Well, that's what a flashlight's for...finding and/or picking things up in the dark. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
But firing up a SureFire L4 or M3 in a dark theatre to pick up a purse is probably overkill. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

jtice

Flashaholic

The x5t is one of my favorite lights. I EDC my LSH-P, but every so often I find myself using the x5t.
It's perfect for situations like that. It's VERY smooth beam is my favorite feature of the x5t,, after its great design.
It impresses most of the people I come in contact with, mainly for its looks, and the 5 led cluster. And, even though it is alittle violet colored, because of the nichia leds, most find it very white.

Cant beat it for the cost.

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
What about those few that edc the M6 with the hola. People might mug you for lighting that up in a theater.
oldgrandpajack ...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you put your palm over the M6 head, your hand will give off a nice soft red glow that wouldn't be too offensive. The only problem is it will start to burn your hand after about two or three seconds. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast

Drjones:

For doing such a fine deed - you deserve to treat yourself to AT LEAST one new flashlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kz1000s1

Enlightened

Even though my X5T has been "replaced" by LS powered lights, it is still a great light that shouldn't be overlooked.

When I was at a friends house one night, a stranger ran out of gas in front of the house. He than was searching for something on he ground in the dark. His gas cap had fallen and he couldn't find it. I took my X5T out of my pocket, shone it on the ground and saw that the cap had rolled under the car. The wide beam meant I didn't have to search around for it and saw it right away.

llvo

Enlightened

It's great to have a light in these situations.
My little ArcAAA helped me and my friends to locate our seats in a theater.
And many times when somebody need a flashlight, I hand it to them.

Now my friends all know that there's always a flashlight with me so that they can go out without taking one themselves. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Latest posts