What size split-rings fit iTP A series torches ?

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
What size split-rings fit the iTP A1 , A2 and A3 torches ?

I would like to buy better quality split-rings that will fit these torches ... There are some very poor ones on the market , though some of the rings used on fishing tackle seem to be good quality and have high breaking strain.

Getting the correct inner and outer diameter to fit through the small holes in the torch is the problem ... The wire profile of the cheaper ones is circular whilst the better ones seem to be a D profile.

I live in the UK and postage is a factor in the purchase ... I might have to resort to buying from Ebay ... I need about six of each size ... Perhaps the ones that fit the iTP A3 will fit the other torches in which case "one size fits all" ... I think about 10mm would do , but it has to fit the tiny hole in the A3.

It might be possible to slightly enlarge the hole particularly in the A3 , though mine are titanium and stainless.

X_Marine

Enlightened
Oh man, check out Berkleley Point.

I have used lots of split rings from the sporting dept and there is a big diff.

Berk has the ends cut at a slight angle which prevents it from catching threads on the edge of you pocket and are made from superior stainless. I think they also have some in titanium.
I find that size #4 is great for most anything but on a really small hole you might also try a #3.

These are just my opinions after using a cpl hundred.

Good luck
X/BillyD..

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
I replaced the flimsy split-ring that my A3 came with with a loop of 50-pound-test braided fishing line. I thought it would fray quickly, but after 3 months or so isn't slowing any signs of wear.

--flatline

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
What diameter is the hole in the A3 and A2 ... I'm trying to decide what the maximum split-ring size would be ... It might be necessary to open the hole up a little with a Dremmel to use a slightly larger and stronger split-ring.