CR2 Runtime test, w/Eiger AAA and Lighthound fauxton.

scout24

Flashaholic
Alrighty, time to torture some more cells... Started at 5:30 AM today, with some 4Sevens brand CR2 batteries, the only ones I had 5 of for the sake of using the same ones in all lights. These were all shrink wrapped and current production, I ordered a bunch when I got my Ti MiNi CR2. Eiger is a medium optic, power level 1, with a 2016 dated USA made coppertop. Fauxton is a freebie from Lighthound from my last order. Ti Titan, Aleph Mule twisty, Ion, PF Tasklight, and MiNi CR2 are the testers. Tasklight has a mini flupic driver, user set to the lowest level. All others also set to the lowest level they have. One Titan used as control, when a light gets down to that output as I see it, I will end that light's test and measure voltage. Stay tuned!:D

June-25_0331.jpg

June-25_0340.jpg

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now I am watching out for 2 things:

1. Of course how long the Peak Eiger will last.

2. How well the Titanium body of the CR2 MiNi will stand up to the heat!

Given this is on it's lowest mode, but we all know that titanium is a terrible at handling heat, let alone the CR2 MiNi really does not have any room to work with either in that little body of his.

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
dang...that power level #1 Eiger sure seems bright- is it the new Cree XP-G version or the original Rebel 100?:wave:

scout24

Flashaholic
Okay, 12:30pm. 7hrs. in, all is well. The Fauxton has dropped off a bit, I only noticed because I have another to compare it to. All lights, including the Ti MiNi are cool as cucumbers. :nana: I am honestly not sure which emitter I have in my Eiger, perhaps Curt will stop by and read this and be able to find record of my purchase without too much work. I have only had it a few months... :thinking: I know, bad scout! no spreadsheet with details of bought and sold??? :grin2:

June-25_1035.jpg

More in a few!

nanomu

Newly Enlightened
Your other runtime test thread was great, and this one looks like another winner! :twothumbs

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
bet these will still be running when I am watching Dual Survivor on Discovery channel tonight at 10pm...:popcorn:

Curt R

Enlightened
I just measured the battery output of a Peak Logan #2 using a CR123A 3.0 volt battery and it was 31 mA of current.
That would give a good US made battery a run time of about 45 hours. The hot spot at 30 feet was 8 feet in diameter
and the output in Candela is just over 500. The last Arc LS I tested using the Lux I LED was 360 Candela with a run
time of almost 2 hours. Things sure have changed in 5-6 years.

For the new kids on the block, the Arc LS was the first practical high performance LED flashlight using a single
CR123A battery and cost $160.00 usd.

Curt

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
I just measured the battery output of a Peak Logan #2 using a CR123A 3.0 volt battery and it was 31 mA of current.
That would give a good US made battery a run time of about 45 hours. The hot spot at 30 feet was 8 feet in diameter
and the output in Candela is just over 500. The last Arc LS I tested using the Lux I LED was 360 Candela with a run
time of almost 2 hours. Things sure have changed in 5-6 years.

For the new kids on the block, the Arc LS was the first practical high performance LED flashlight using a single
CR123A battery and cost $160.00 usd.

Curt

Things sure have changed in 5-6 years. I don't see how these quantum leaps of efficiency can be maintained at this pace. 45 hrs. vs. 2 hrs. I know that I am very pleased with my #7 Logan running primary 123's...it is all the light I need for most any situation and the new smaller head design makes it much more pocketable.

scout24

Flashaholic
Picture from 5:00pm... 11 1/2hrs. Everyone still strong, second "new"fauxton on far right just to compare with test fauxton. Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement, this counts as fun, not work. I actually rescued my mini screwdriver set from my youngest son, so I will be able to take the fauxton apart to measure voltage at the appropriate time. I like these tests, too: finding out the capability of your equipment is good for confidence, shows weak spots, and means I get to order more batteries! I'm sure they will have something else I need as well...:naughty: :crackup:

P1010143.jpg

Boy, I need to refinish that floor...