MTE SSC P7 900 lumens 2 mode

pjaguilar

Newly Enlightened
Hi, i'm from Uruguay, yesterday i've got my MTE SSC P7, and the switch stopped working after a few clicks.

If i touch the switch very gently, light with go on and off, and if i close the circuit between the negative end of the battery and the body of the flashlight, the light come on steady and in full power.

My question is, how do i get to uncover the switch to do some cleaning in the contacts? I don't see anything to unscrew!!! (also, i don't want to damage the unit, here the flashlight cost U$S 80!!! :)...

Any pointers will be appreciated!!!

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, i'm from Uruguay, yesterday i've got my MTE SSC P7, and the switch stopped working after a few clicks.

If i touch the switch very gently, light with go on and off, and if i close the circuit between the negative end of the battery and the body of the flashlight, the light come on steady and in full power.

My question is, how do i get to uncover the switch to do some cleaning in the contacts? I don't see anything to unscrew!!! (also, i don't want to damage the unit, here the flashlight cost U$S 80!!! :)...

Any pointers will be appreciated!!!

Does the inside of the tailcap look like this? Click here.

If so, you can use a pair of needle nose pliers to remove and tighten the metal ring.

That picture belongs to CPF member csshih and I got the link from this thread.

pjaguilar

Newly Enlightened
Thank you very much ti-force for the reply!!!

The tailcap is exactly the same as the picture...

Now with a little (a lot really) embarrasment from me, i have the tailcap in one hand, the needle nose pliers in the other, but :eek: can't seem to figure out what to do :eek:...

Do i have to "unscrew" the metal ring (make it turn) or it's more a "brute force" to take it out?

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you very much ti-force for the reply!!!

The tailcap is exactly the same as the picture...

No with a little (a lot really) embarrasment from me, i have the tailcap in one hand, the needle nose pliers in the other, but :eek: can't seem to figure out what to do :eek:...

Do i have to "unscrew" the metal ring (make it turn) or it's more a "brute force" to take it out?

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

It shouldn't be too terribly hard to loosen (I wouldn't think), unless they applied Loctite or something. Just open up the jaws of the pliers, insert one side of the jaw into one indention/hole in the metal ring, then insert the other side of the jaw in the other and loosen. I don't actually have one of these lights so I can't say for sure, but usually counterclockwise is the direction for loosening these things. It shouldn't be reverse threads (at least I've never seen reverse threads on a light before). Just remember, lefty loosey, righty tighty.

Last edited:

pjaguilar

Newly Enlightened
Thank you very much ti-force and Fichtenelch, i will try and post if i succeed!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!