McModule 2nd Run???!?!?

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Charlie,

Just checking to see if you had any updates about your second run of McModules?!?!?

I can barely wait. PM6 is here and waiting..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Dave,

This is a copy of the standard response I sent to those who prepaid:

"Received the Paypal, thank you. The casings and other machined bits are enroute and the boards are about a week and a half away (Wayne's creations are being microscopically soldered together as I write this) from completion, after which I get them and begin my slave labor. Will update at CPF if something goes terribly wrong but I doubt it, in fact things should be even smoother this time around since I have the experience of forty nano-robot soldering operations behind me from the first run, and have grown little magnifying glass lenses in the fronts of my eyeballs..."

So there you have it. As long as the parts all get here, I begin. To maintain the best results I can, they are built in little bunches, maybe four to six at a time, after which I wait for things to cure and set, then I test, then I ship. So depending upon where in the prepaid queue you are, it may be a slight while. But of course, "All good things come to he who waits..."

Alan_L

Newly Enlightened
Same here! Even though I want Mr. Bulk to take his time and put together the McModules right, the wait is killing me! Thanks for the update!

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Charlie,

You build all of these tremendous flashlights and live in Hawaii too.... Man, some guys have all the luck.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Are they still for sale? If so, how much?

ADDED: Never mind..I found the price. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Stan,

Here is the update -- I have all the necessary parts except the BB750 boards -- these boards may possibly arrive at dat2zip's today (Tuesday), after which he will check them and then send to me the next day. They will take a few days to reach me (hopefuly by this weekend). And then I can begin to build them, and will be turning out several each day.

There are a handful of people (eight) who have their 2nd-run McModules either on the way now or already received, and this is because I had enough parts from the first run to build these few, which I then shipped in order of payments received. The balance of McModules will be delivered on the timeline described above.

Thank you for your patience.

Tech a Billy

Newly Enlightened
I was one of those lucky eight. My McModule came today and I just fired her up. Wow, brighter and whiter than my L4. Kudos to the McModule Team.
Damn, I can't see, I can't see.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Mim

Newly Enlightened
Any plans for a 3rd run for Johny Come Latelys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif. If so, how much are they?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Mim, I should always have enough spare parts laying around after each run to make a few more. Price is $110 shipped (in USA). E-mail me.

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
How does the 5W McModule beam compare to the L4? (size, focus, throw?)

I just had a 1W McModule in my hands for a few days (R2H LS and a DB400 converter), and it has the best beam by far of any 1W I have ever seen! Great tightly focused hotspot, with decent sidespill. If the Pelican reflector is as good to the 5W as it is to the 1W, I would love to see one!

McGizmo

Flashaholic
LEDModMan,

As one would expect, the PM6 with a 5W puts out considerably more lumens than a 1W. The center beam is larger in diameter and will not get as high a lux reading typically as a 1W can provide. The PM6 5W does have a tighter center beam than the KL4 and will have a resultant higher lux reading, ceterus paribus. In other words, it will out throw the KL4. The spill beam on the PM6-5W is larger in beam angle than the KL4 and not as "bright" as a result. The PM6 has a larger diameter reflector than the KL4 and the physics dictate a tighter, more concentrated beam. When the KL5 comes out, having a larger diameter than the PM6, it will have the tightest and brightest center beam of the group. Judging from the depth of its reflector (as seen in the pictures) I would expect its spill beam to be the tightest and brightest of the group as well.

I only bring the KL5 up in speculation here to point out that in terms of throw, size DOES count. I won't even speculate on the KL6! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you want bright and tight from available product currently, you should take a look at a PM6 with a R2H DB700. I have a PM6 with S4L DB700 and it's just plain amazing compared to all the 1W's I've seen, except for a 3" turbo I made with a R2H.

- Don

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
Don,
Thanks a lot, that information is about what I had expected. Great work on the McModules BTW, what a great final product! I was very impressed by the one Wayne offered in the passaround. The hotspot was noticeably brighter than my L4! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
I am looking forward to the KL5, as I expect about the same results from it as you speculate. Chances are I will sell my L4 when the KL5 comes out, and use it on my UBH II. Thanks again Don!

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
HOKAY! Got notification that the final part needed for McModule production shipped today, direct from CA which is the closest state to me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif