Indoor beamshots: Keychain, ZebraLight & Co.

elho

Enlightened
While doing some outdoor beamshots at that location (behind that door ;)), I also took a quick round of indoor shots of my smaller lights.
Still lacking a system to position the camera in a reproducible indoors, the second part unfortunately uses a slightly different view. :rolleyes: Therefore the ZebraLight H50 is shown in both parts for reference.

Depending on the light, Energizer Ultimate Lithium AAA cells, AW protected 14500 750mAh cells, Sanyo Eneloop AA NiMH cels (where indicated) or SureFire CR123 cells were used, all of them fresh or freshly charged respectively.

Distance to the door is about 7.5m, I guess. The settings for all photos are f/3.3, 8s, ISO100, 28mm. Click the images to see the original images.

Part I

Jetbeam Jet-µ High:

Jetbeam Jet-µ Medium:

Jetbeam Jet-µ Low:

VersaTi ET10 High:

VersaTi ET10 Low:

ZebraLight H50 High:

ZebraLight H50 Medium:

ZebraLight H50 Low:

Part II

ZebraLight H50 High (14500):

ZebraLight H50 High (NiMH):

INFORCE Color White High:

INFORCE Color White Medium:

INFORCE Color White Low:

INFORCE Color Green High:

INFORCE Color Green Medium:

INFORCE Color Green Low:

INFORCE Color Red High:

INFORCE Color Red Medium:

INFORCE Color Red Low:

INFORCE Color Blue High:

INFORCE Color Blue Medium:

INFORCE Color Blue Low:

Last edited:

NightKids

Enlightened
Re: Indoor beamshots: Jetbeam Jet-µ, VersaTi ET10, ZebraLight H50

Yes I agree and the backdrop looks kinda creepy... lol

derpilgerer

Newly Enlightened

does the h50 produce more light with a 14500 cell?

should I use one in my H501?

nice location =)

the VersaTi ET10 looks very floody like the H50.

elho

Enlightened

The H-50 does not seem very bright ?
Yes, it is not, e.g. to read something, I need Medium or High. But keep in mind that it is very floody, it has a beam angle of 120° (the H501 has 80°, but I intentionally choose the Hh0 for my non-headlamp application solely for that) and the shots are down a not too wide hallway.
Makes the little VersaTI even more impressive. :thumbsup:

My upcoming outdoor beamshots feature the Moddoo Triple without optics and you will see how abysmal its "throw" is with such extreme flood. It only makes sense if working within 5m range.

elho

Enlightened

the backdrop looks kinda creepy... lol
It is a ghost town, evacuated by the british forces after second world war to serve as a military training area. Most original houses have been destroyed, but belgian forces later built fake houses like this for urban warfare training. These days the military is gone and the place just sits there in the hiddle of a national park. Without any light pollution that is. :D

Unclemonkey

Newly Enlightened

I'm surprised, I expected the zebra to light up that whole area. Doesn't seem that bright, you sure you had it on high?:confused:

elho

Enlightened

I'm surprised, I expected the zebra to light up that whole area. Doesn't seem that bright, you sure you had it on high?:confused:

Your post just made me aware that I forgot to link the beamshot of the ZebraLight on Medium... :ohgeez:
Now with that mistake fixed, I can prove that High is indeed High. ;)

It also goes along with my observations made ever since I had these lights:
1. High on the ZebraLight H50 is not that much brighter than medium and I sometimes go through the modes twice because I am not sure whether I actually switched from Medium to High or were too fast (it takes being off for a long enough split second).
2. The Versati ET10 is definitely brighter than the ZebraLight H50.

I however only ever used 14500s in the ZebraLight and that might be the reason as I just found out. To quote from selfbuilt's review:
Output on 14500 is higher than standard batteries, with no real difference between Lo and Medium. But on Hi, my sample is screamingly bright (brighter than any of the other 1AA light in my collection)! :faint: Note that this is in contrast to some other reports of lower output on Hi with 14500 in this light.
Seems I am in the same boat with those that provided the other reports then. :thinking:

elho

Enlightened
Re: Indoor beamshots: Jetbeam Jet-µ, VersaTi ET10, ZebraLight H50, INFORCE Color

Originally posted 11-29-2010 06:43 PM

Time for an update! :party:

I did a direct comparison of my ZebraLight H50 using an AW 14500 Li-Ion and a Sanyo Eneloop NiMH cell clearly showing the lower output using the former on my samples.

I added a whole bunch of shots of all the flood LEDs in all levels of the INFORCE Color.

Last edited:

elho

Enlightened
Re: Indoor beamshots: Jetbeam Jet-µ, VersaTi ET10, ZebraLight H50, INFORCE Color

Restored latest version of initinial post and my last post, which were lost during the recent CPF outage.

Last edited: