Surefire Invictus Vaporware 2.0

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up the new 2010 catalog at SF repair. It has a nice picture of the Invictus UB3T.

So onto another year or so of not seeing the invictus.

p1030006w.jpg

p1030003s.jpg

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
thats ok. you should give it to me. I'll adopt it and give it a nice new home full of love and respect.

why didnt you get the M3LT-S?

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't bought either yet. I've been heavily considering buying the M3LT to replace my Jetbeam M1X. But, the Invictus seems like it will have a lot more features. I wonder what the price difference would be.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
The SF Invictus was so last year! I think we've all moved on... to other lights that were actually manufactured and available for sale. :devil:

Seriously though, I actually like the picture / design of the older UB2 version instead of this one. Imagine carrying this light in a holster... :faint:

325addict

Enlightened
I absolutely loved the UB3 invictus (without the -T).

But THIS one falls in the M6 category, which, for a LED-light, isn't quite what I'm looking for... for me, an incan may be bulky, and a LED-light should be small... or is this just me??

Timmo.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
You know . . . It's basically a black M3LT, but with a selector that lets you pick which light level you want to switch on. With the M3LT, you have to be careful not to bump the tailcap switch, otherwise you get Low when you really want High.

With the new Invictus, you don't have to worry about that issue. With all the extra modes + Strobe, I'm guessing price will be well North of the M3LT.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know . . . It's basically a black M3LT, but with a selector that lets you pick which light level you want to switch on. With the M3LT, you have to be careful not to bump the tailcap switch, otherwise you get Low when you really want High.

With the new Invictus, you don't have to worry about that issue. With all the extra modes + Strobe, I'm guessing price will be well North of the M3LT.

Not Quite.

They are actually very similar lights.
pressing the tailcap lightly on the Invictus gets you the selected level.
mashing it down hard gets you max output.
the M3Lt is the same, except that first level is preselected (70lumens IIRC)

Tailcap is very similar to the L2/A2/L1 type tailswitch push a little for low, and push hard for high.

the UB3 just allows you to select "low"

if you want high just mash the button down as hard as you can

blitzlicht65

Enlightened
Not Quite.

They are actually very similar lights.
pressing the tailcap lightly on the Invictus gets you the selected level.
mashing it down hard gets you max output.
the M3Lt is the same, except that first level is preselected (70lumens IIRC)

Tailcap is very similar to the L2/A2/L1 type tailswitch push a little for low, and push hard for high.

the UB3 just allows you to select "low"

if you want high just mash the button down as hard as you can

The UB3 have a selector ring.:poke: ;)