New Surefire G2L with KX4 bezel. WOW!

Cole07

Enlightened
Went out and bought a new Surefire G2 LED with a KX4 bezel that has the new 120 lumen LED! First impressions... WOW. Now I know what people are talking about when they say Surefire is TOP quality. I haven't been able to find any information about the KX4 bezel with the new LED. Does anyone know what kind it is?

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
K2 TFFC
It's discontinued now but Surefire bought a bunch of them. They have decent tints, have a high shock rating (physical), and it can handle heat very well. I really prefer them over Seoul.

Cole07

Enlightened
I'm not completely sure, but I think this thing is more than just 120 lumens. Doesn't Surefire have a tendency to under rate their lights?

Cole07

Enlightened
HPIM0320.jpg

New G2L
HPIM0321.jpg

G2L on left, Terralux TLE6EX in 5D Maglite middle (140 lumens), iTP A3 EOS on high on right
HPIM0323.jpg

G2L left, Minimag Multimode high (70-80 lumens (its focused)), iTP A3 EOS right.
All had new batteries except for the iTP but that battery hasn't been used to much. Distance is about one meter. What do you all think?

Last edited:

Cole07

Enlightened
It looks to me like the Surefire is the brightest of the 4 but I doubt it will throw as far as the maglite though. Anyone have any other input?

Cole07

Enlightened
Should I do some outside beam shots tonight? To compare throw? I can't wait to test this thing in the dark :twothumbs

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have convinced me that I need a KX4 or maybe a few...
Pricewise they are actually not that bad when you consider it's basically a drop-in and bezel combined.

I wonder how the thermal management is compared to a drop-in + a Z44 head.

If the price of them in Canada is not that bad, I may pick one up.

Cole07, any information on the box whether these are striclty 6V heads or will they work with lower voltages such as 3.7-4.2V from a 17670 cell?

Cole07

Enlightened
Pricewise they are actually not that bad when you consider it's basically a drop-in and bezel combined.

I wonder how the thermal management is compared to a drop-in + a Z44 head.

If the price of them in Canada is not that bad, I may pick one up.

Cole07, any information on the box whether these are striclty 6V heads or will they work with lower voltages such as 3.7-4.2V from a 17670 cell?
Sorry, but it says nothing about any other kind of batteries. I would assume since this has regulators that it would accept them. But don't hold me accountable if yours explodes! I'm definetly not going to try it in mine.

Cole07

Enlightened
Night shots outside. Shed is about 25 yards away.

HPIM0330.jpg

Terralux TLE6EX in a 5D cell Maglite (140 lumens)
HPIM0331.jpg

Minimag Multimode (70-80 lumens)
HPIM0332.jpg

iTP A3 EOS high (80 lumens)
HPIM0333.jpg

Surefire G2L (more than stated 120 lumens) LOL