Help Locating a Thread

woodbender

Newly Enlightened
This is going to be a vague post, but I need help locating a past thread. It was a tailswitch conversion thread. If I remember correctly it had a pushbutton switch that was soldered to a board of some kind with a spring soldered to the other side. I don't remember any details and I can't find it surfing the threads. I figure someone will be able to post a link that will end up being the one I'm looking for.

Thanks

Y2Kirk1028

Enlightened
Woodbender,
Are you planning on building one?? I was thinking about making one myself using a push button switch from RadioShack.
I have only LOTC switches, Does anyone know how to dissamble a E series LOTC switch?

LightChucker

Enlightened
Here is how you disassemble an E1e tailcap:

(1) Remove the tailcap.

(2) Pull out the spring.

(3) Insert an allen wrench to fit the hex nut inside the cap.

(4) Push the rubber cap firmly against a surface.

(5) Turn the wrench.

Chuck

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
be careful not to stretch the spring when you remove it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

no matter though.
i modded mine with a kroll /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kill-O-Zap

Enlightened
YC, or anyone,

Where might one obtain that switch, or something equivalent, w/o flying to Hong Kong?

Y2Kirk, you mention a switch from RS, could you let us know which one specifically you are thinking of?

Thanks!

Y2Kirk1028

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Kill-O-Zap said:
YC, or anyone,

Where might one obtain that switch, or something equivalent, w/o flying to Hong Kong?

Y2Kirk, you mention a switch from RS, could you let us know which one specifically you are thinking of?

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to RadioSmack and bought one of these, but after removing the button and square head it was still to long to fit into the tailcap. I thought about cutting down the tail, but the clickie mechanism extends all the way to the connectors. So, I guess I'll have to email YC and see if he still have anymore of those clickie's he bought.

Kill-O-Zap

Enlightened
Y2Kirk,

Thanks. If you do find an appropriate switch, do let us all know where/which. I'm going to flick through some catalogs and do likewise.

Well, heck, here's a pushbutton switch in the Future catalog with the very promising designator in the name heading: "E SERIES"... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Y2Kirk1028

Enlightened
Kill-O-Zap,
I just ordered a few switches from Here, they have a big selection of Pushbuttom switches. I ordered a few of the Alps PCB Mount Push switches, they seem to be the right size. I'll let you know how they work out when I get them.