Perfect fit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GearGuy

Newly Enlightened
Just got 2 Shadow IIIs in and upon inspection, I discovered that the storage begged for and AAA! If fits PERFECT!!! The storage is milled in a way where the ends taper and are slightly bigger than the diameter of the AAA. Not much horizontal rattle room if any, and about 1/16-1/8" vertical space left when closed! Check it out!

If the pics are toooo big, I'll erase them upon mods request... I just thought it was neato!

aaashadow1.JPG
aaashadow2.JPG
aaashadow3.JPG
aaashadow4.JPG
aaashadow5.JPG
aaashadow6.JPG
aaashadow7.JPG
aaashadow8.JPG

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
very nice!

i've always' loved the look of that knife too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

ChrisA

Enlightened
Hey, time to get a fixed Reeve - the Shadow IV looks very promising... That ArcAAA holder story is about the best excuse I can come up with, if my gf comes around complaining 'Nooo, not another knife.' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Anyhow - nice combo you have there !

Chris

jtice

Flashaholic
Excellent idea.
Looks great, a very nice addition to a very nice knife. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
Wow! A CRK and a Arc together. I thought I was the lucky one with my Sebbie and a few Arcs... That was a really good idea. I have read a number of threads on the knife forums asking what people carry in the handles of those pretty CRK fixed blades, you have discovered the best answer indeed. Post those pics for the knife knuts to see and enjoy too.

Tomas

Banned
That's a perfect marriage! It not only looks like it belongs, but the quality of each piece goes with the other, AND it is an absolutely logical addition to the knife.

The Shadow's should have that as an option.

T_sig6.gif

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, I want one with an Arc AAA2 (luxeon powered Arc AAA). Can someone arrange that? That would be a great combo!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
you should chop off the arc tail, and epoxy it in place.

reduce rattling, and provide a good base for candlemode /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Works fine with my Shadow IV and Ubejane "Skinner" as well...with the interior cavity of the handles being longer in both of those CRK knives.

I`m anxious to see how the Arc AA will fit.

Great lights married to great knives!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Oh great. Now I have to go out and buy a damn knife. When does it ever stop? For those that have the Shadow III and Shadow IV, why would one purchase one over the other?

ChrisA

Enlightened
Shadow III has a 4 inch blade, while the Shadow IV has a 5.5 inch blade... I just ordered a Shadow IV cause I plan to use it as a medium camp knive.

shadow99.jpg

(image taken from www.chrisreeve.com)

Shadow III is left, Shadow IV on the right.

Chris

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are great knives but I can't use 'em, the handles are too small to fit my hand, now the Reeves SF knife THAT is a knife!

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ChrisA

Enlightened
It is larger. Overall length for the Shadow III is 8 inches and 10.5 for the Shadow IV.

Chris

ChrisA

Enlightened
Yeah right - one for the AAA, the other for the AA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chris

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Ray...

I`d recommend the Shadow IV over the Shadow III, because of the longer 4.5 inch handle the Shadow IV has. The IV fits my hand perfectly, while the III would be a bit short.

If you`re at all interested in a Chris Reeve Ubejane "Skinner", which is my favorite (one of the toughest, strongest knives ever made), I have an extra one for sale on the "Non-Light B/S/T". The Ubejane also has a 4.5 inch handle.

No matter what CRK you end up getting, you`ll undoubtedly be pleased. Chris is one of the finest "production-knife" persons around, and his knives are of the highest quality.

Best wishes!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Uh oh. This is a thread i should have stayed away from. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nice combo there!

-Don

Status
Not open for further replies.