A few EDC lights on the cheap....

FlameOn

Enlightened
You got me...I trusted a fellow forum member to steer me right...guess I have to do my own research...:)

Ragiska

Flashaholic*
I don't think you read the thread. The general consensus on the thread is that they are great for the money. How can you complain at all if it works for $1.50 shipped? They are also much brighter than an average ebay light.

have you used one? they are REALLY REALLY crappy. i mean, they are absolutely horrible. dim, inefficient, roughly built, and might work right out of the box (if at all).

LightningRod

Newly Enlightened
have you used one? they are REALLY REALLY crappy. i mean, they are absolutely horrible. dim, inefficient, roughly built, and might work right out of the box (if at all).

Have you? I bought 3 and they all work. It's a $1 light, you get what you paid for, but if the Op's #2 post is just to buy "for fun" then maybe it's worth a try. I certainly get more value out of these lights than a $1 hamburger from McDonalds.

To Op, I probably wouldn't EDC these lights as your only light. You can't buy a $1 dependable light, or Surefire would be out of business.

Ragiska

Flashaholic*
"they all work" is not what i would call a criteria for a "good value"

FlameOn

Enlightened
It's okay guys..I know you get what you pay for...I just need one for a gift for a guy who works at the local coffee shop...he has seen my ITP A3 in action and asked me to get him one...since he doesn't know what kind of light I have, and he isn't a close enough friend to be asking me to give him a 20 dollar light, I thought one of these lights would get him off my back.....:)

rekd0514

Newly Enlightened
"they all work" is not what i would call a criteria for a "good value"

It's a flashlight. What else is it really required to do except create light. If it does that pretty good for a $1.50 then that's awesome. It beats out a lot of other lights for that price and is basically disposable. I would surely consider that "good value". What else would you call it? :) It has its uses, as you could give them to a kid for a starter light so you know they won't lose a much more expensive one. It's not like we're saying this is the light for every use out there.

It's okay guys..I know you get what you pay for...I just need one for a gift for a guy who works at the local coffee shop...he has seen my ITP A3 in action and asked me to get him one...since he doesn't know what kind of light I have, and he isn't a close enough friend to be asking me to give him a 20 dollar light, I thought one of these lights would get him off my back.....:)

That's pretty funny, why don't you just give him the link and he can buy the light himself. :D

Last edited:

FlameOn

Enlightened
That's pretty funny, why don't you just give him the link and he can buy the light himself. :D

I think I spoiled him last time when I gave him a pepper spray to protect himself on the walk home....he asked in a way that hinted he wouldn't be paying for it...:)

red02

Enlightened
I think I spoiled him last time when I gave him a pepper spray to protect himself on the walk home....he asked in a way that hinted he wouldn't be paying for it...:)

There's nothing stopping you from asking for the money anyway. It plausible that you didn't get the hint. Either way I doubt he expects a flashlight to cost more than 10 bucks.