SureFire E1B: Clothing-Safe?

SpyderNoir_JHA

Newly Enlightened
Greetings, all.

I have been considering buying a SureFire E1B as my work EDC. While my L1 is fully satisfactory off-hours, I'm interested in the E1B because of its smooth, clothing-sparing design.

So my question is to those of you with E1Bs: does the light succeed in preserving pockets even where lights that have the more classic knurling will tear them to pieces?

I would appreciate some information from those experienced with this light; the future of my wardrobe depends on it! :)

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although I haven't had my E1B very long I can say it is very easy on my left front pocket where it is clipped. If anything it's a bit too smooth. I think it's a nice trade-off.

It01Firefox

Newly Enlightened
I've carried my E1B in my front pocket every day for about 2 years now and I've never had any damage to the clothes.

Agile54

Newly Enlightened
SN JNA-

Been carrying an E1B in my left rear pocket bezel down for 3+ years now &

it has been very kind to my work clothes, range pants & my dress suit

trousers. It works so well for my needs that I went thru withdrawals until

I found a 2nd one while my original was being nodded by Milky into a

Creemator. Buy w/ confidence if you haven't already, they are GTG on your

clothing.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings, all.

I have been considering buying a SureFire E1B as my work EDC. While my L1 is fully satisfactory off-hours, I'm interested in the E1B because of its smooth, clothing-sparing design.

So my question is to those of you with E1Bs: does the light succeed in preserving pockets even where lights that have the more classic knurling will tear them to pieces?

I would appreciate some information from those experienced with this light; the future of my wardrobe depends on it! :)

Yes, SF E1B is totally clothing-safe! But I do prefer to carry my SF E1L due to it´s knurling...

E1B is clothing safe, but too slippery too! I recommend you use a lanyard with it. I almost drop mine 3 times due the lack of knurling!

brh

Newly Enlightened
I'm with the consensus here…*I carry the E1B whenever I think I'll be out at night (I call it my everynight carry!), and I only wear relatively dressy pants made of relatively delicate material. No wear that I've ever noticed!

Welding Rod

Newly Enlightened
I carry mine clipped inside my front right jean pocket.

I got it right after they came out. The clip does wear the material some. I am a welder though and go from standing to squating to kneeling to sitting and back all day long. So the light is always shifting. And I pull the light out and put it back many, many times per day.

I normally burn enough holes in my pants, fast enough, that the wear from the light isn't a big issue.