Info about the Peak Logan....no multiple levels?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw one over at Oveready but I see that you can only order if with 1 of eight levels. BUMMER. I think it would be *WIN* if it had multiple levels. Am I missing something? I can't find it on the Peak website though. Any comments? Looks like a good little light!

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, single level only (for now:whistle:). Order level 1-8, and beam type, wide, medium, or narrow. Believe me, I just got a SS El Capitan narrow #8 and it's great. It'll use any AA sized battery, and output varies with voltage, so I regulate it that way. Most times an Alkaline is more than enough. With the Logan, you get higher candela right from the get-go due to optic size and 3v battery!
Call Peak and talk with them about what you're looking for.

HERE is a great Logan review.

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I spoke with Curt at Peak about this last week. He has engineered a multiple level switch but hasn't had time yet to manufacture it because of the press of other projects. When produced, it is intended that it can be retrofitted to Peak's ocean and mountain series lights (including the Logan) built on keychain/momentary bodies.

As it it, the Logan is a beautifully made, high performing light that can be customized to your heart's content. Don't miss out. Call Curt at Peak or Bob at RMSK.

http://www.em-mgt.com/LED/Logan.html

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
That' just awesome. I WANT that multi-level version though! Did he give a time frame as to when the multi-level switch will be available?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok Just may do that. I'm under the impression that this will be a simple 2 stage setup. Like those 2 stage switches that were once available at the Sandwich Shoppe before a certain manufacturer asked them to stop selling them. Am I correct?

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool a multi stage switch for lower levels. A Logan may be in my future after all.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't seem to find ANYWHERE the output levels and corresponding levels..... Anyone have that info?

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! If they come out with this as a retrofit for the momentary switch, I will get at least two. And a Logan. Curt! I want this!
The switch will be able to take the place of the momentary switch, or keychain attachment... a retrofit if you will.

Call Peak.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes I will be trying a bunch of their lights if they come out with this. Imagine the runtime of a #.5 Eiger or Logan and then with the multi-level switch, Curt could probably set for whatever power level like 100%/25%. For myself I'd probably go even lower like 50%/5%

saabgoblin

Enlightened
Hmmnnnn, would be great if the switch was protected from accidental turn on maybe with a delrin option and the ability to attach a lanyard or split ring but this may be a major design challenge.:poke:

recDNA

Flashaholic
I've always wanted a brass peak with an R5 driven hard but the lack of a lower setting for extended runtime has held me back. A good 2 level switch might make peaks so popular that we wont be able to get one!

jssp78

Newly Enlightened
the pyrennes can be had in 18350 and 18500 bodies. The switch is a judco clickie. You can also order a 4 position judco switch 100-50-25-strobe and off.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm really glad they have a multi-level switch available now, but high first is aimed at their LE/Military customers. I'm sure that is a large part of their sales, but I would prefer something like 2%, 10%, 40%, 100% level sequence. 25% is high for a low and strobe is less useful (to me, ymmv) than a low-low.
the pyrennes can be had in 18350 and 18500 bodies. The switch is a judco clickie. You can also order a 4 position judco switch 100-50-25-strobe and off.