My first flashlight!

hobodave

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone.

I've been lurking in this forum for the past couple of weeks now, consuming tons of information. I finally broke down and decided to buy my first flashlight. (I've decided that every flashlight I've owned previously was not, in fact, a flashlight.:D)

Which did I get, you ask? The Surefire E2DL LED. I ordered online, and can't wait for it to arrive. I was torn between that and the 6PL or G2L, but I figured why not go all out. I just hope I never have to whomp anything with the bezel.

Thanks for being such an invaluable resource to a flashlight newbie. lovecpf

nbp

Flashaholic
:welcome:

You have made a very very wise choice! I applaud your decision to resist the urge to start your collection with crap and work your way to the good stuff after you find out the crappy stuff is crappy :thumbsup: As one member says, "Why buy a cheap light when an expensive one will do?" :naughty: Surefires are excellent lights, and the E2DL has a cult following. Please let us know how you like it when you receive it. I think it will go something like this: :kiss:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good choice!

The E2DL will cover all your possible needs and more!

I love mine, and it remains one of my favorite lights even after the amount of lights I have owned over time.

Cole07

Enlightened
Good choice! I recently just got a Surefire of my own and I'm loving it! I hope you will too! :thumbsup:

MR.A

Newly Enlightened
bezel strike might give you a trouble with your jeans but can also help you somehow.

You made very good choice. I want a SF LX1, i die for it.

The Light!

Newly Enlightened
:welcome: and nice choice! I don't personally own a Surefire yet but they have a reputation for unmatched quality :)

Give it a few months and you'll find your wallet will have undergone a rigorous fitness training program :)

cruisemissile

Enlightened
great choice. :twothumbs
I love mine and I've had lots of other lights.
starting with this one will save you lots of time and money if you'd started with another light and found it wasn't "just right" and tried to upgrade.

the low beam is good/useful
high beam is powerful with good throw
pocket clip is nice
size, for me, just right
bezel shape is cool (aesthetics are a plus)
tailcap is cool too
switch is good (some of us don't like "twisty" tailcaps)
fits good in your hand
surefire quality and warranty are great.

hope you get a good carrying pouch and lanyard

some people also find the surefire colored filters useful (example, red filter for saving your night vision when reading a map or something)

good choice, you'll be very happy

hobodave

Newly Enlightened
:shakehead

I'm so annoyed. I was expecting to receive notice that my order had shipped today. I hadn't received any communications from the merchant. I go online to manually look up the status, and it turns out the E2DL is on backorder. Their website doesn't reflect current stock levels. *sigh* I cancelled my order due due to the borderline rude and unapologetic customer service rep when I called.

Can anyone recommend an online merchant?

hobodave

Newly Enlightened
I don't know why I didn't check Amazon to begin with. I assumed they wouldn't carry such a high end item. It comes tomorrow! :twothumbs

Zivman

Newly Enlightened
:shakehead

I'm so annoyed. I was expecting to receive notice that my order had shipped today. I hadn't received any communications from the merchant. I go online to manually look up the status, and it turns out the E2DL is on backorder. Their website doesn't reflect current stock levels. *sigh* I cancelled my order due due to the borderline rude and unapologetic customer service rep when I called.

Can anyone recommend an online merchant?
I buy all my surefire's from Spyder Tactical. Can't beat their prices (cpf discount) and service from them has been great

kingofwylietx

Enlightened
Congrats on the flashlight.

Just as Zivman mentioned, there are a lot of sponsors of this site that give a CPF discount.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
And like all Surefires, the E2DL is ridiculously overpriced at AUD$254.

See https://www.ledtorchshop.com.au/product/214/surefire-e2d-led-defender

You could've got twice as many quality lumens for half the price had you chosen say a Fenix TK30 or TK30 et al.

Although the Surefire fanboys will inevitably disagree vehemently with my humble opinion... LOL.

So are Apple computers, but that doesn't seem to be stopping anyone from picking them over Dell. Don't suck all the fun out of it for the OP, he did his research and picked a great light.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
And like all Surefires, the E2DL is ridiculously overpriced at AUD$254.

You could've got twice as many quality lumens for half the price had you chosen say a Fenix TK30 or TK30 et al.

Although the Surefire fanboys will inevitably disagree vehemently with my humble opinion... LOL.

It's always about lumen's per dollar isn't it? :shakehead

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me it's run-time/per dollar, but that's probably not part of the OPs criteria here or he wouldn't have went with Surefire.