Surefire's Integrity...

Lord Bear

Enlightened
The Surefire No-Hassle Guarantee.
I'd had my T1A Titan (1xCR123A) for a few years. Couple months ago, I noticed when I took it out of my EDC pack, it was still "on". 1 lumen level. I just used it and then turned it off and put it back in the pack. Thought it was my fault for not turning it off correctly. Next time I used it and turned it off. But this time I double checked to see that it did turn off. It remained "burning" @ the 1 lumen level. I rotated the switch again and it turned off. No problem I thought.
Think again. Successive tries proved that it would turn off less easily. Still "on" at 1 lumen and became more and more difficult to turn off.
I contacted Surefire and sent it back. The cust svc rep said if they could reproduce the "effect", they would repair it.
Got it back a week ago. It's a new one. Different serial number. I may be mistaken but it sure seems brighter than the old one. Flawless function. Lesser blue tint? Couldn't be sure without the original to compare. I myself am happy as a clam with Surefire's integrity and No-Hassle Guarantee.
Excelsior!

Lord Bear

Enlightened
Word.
This isn't the first time I've had happy experiences with Surefire's Guarantee either. I've carried their lights for many many years going back to when their only offerings were incandescents only.

fishx65

Enlightened
Pretty sure we pay a lot for that warranty when we fork over a premium price for a Surefire product but it can come in handy over the long haul. They were kind enough to send me a new bezel for my 14 year old 6R a few months ago! Surefire goes Above-and-Beyond to keep it's customers loyal and satisfied.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
:clap::rock: its great hearing these surefire customer care stories!. this is the main reason surefire are so worth it.

makes me want to buy a few more!

NightKids

Enlightened
Wow touch wood that I haven't had to send anything back but knowing that I'm fully backed makes me feel proud to own a Surefire!

DimmerD

Enlightened
Hey Lord Bear how about the doughnut hole at close range, is it still there?
Thinking about sending mine in, it wont turn on sometimes. Hasn't happened often, but just often enough to think about sending it in. And it's not the battery, it just doesn't turn on sometimes, even on full. Turning it off then back on makes it come on.

Brigadier

Enlightened
Here is my SF CS story:

I bought a new bulb for my 9AN. I was testing it to make sure it worked. I had the light on high for about 5 minutes when the bulb exploded. It didn't just burn out, it actually went :poof:. As a result, the inside of the lens was all clouded over, and it looked like there was some damage to the reflective material on the reflector. I called SF CS, and explained what happened. They said to send it in and they would fix it free of charge. Total time from when I shipped it to when I received it was 2 weeks. They installed a whole new bezel/lens/reflector assembly, and even installed a new bulb. Can't complain about that at all.

pilote

Newly Enlightened
The Surefire No-Hassle Guarantee.
I'd had my T1A Titan (1xCR123A) for a few years. Couple months ago, I noticed when I took it out of my EDC pack, it was still "on". 1 lumen level. I just used it and then turned it off and put it back in the pack. Thought it was my fault for not turning it off correctly. Next time I used it and turned it off. But this time I double checked to see that it did turn off. It remained "burning" @ the 1 lumen level. I rotated the switch again and it turned off. No problem I thought.
Think again. Successive tries proved that it would turn off less easily. Still "on" at 1 lumen and became more and more difficult to turn off.
I contacted Surefire and sent it back. The cust svc rep said if they could reproduce the "effect", they would repair it.
Got it back a week ago. It's a new one. Different serial number. I may be mistaken but it sure seems brighter than the old one. Flawless function. Lesser blue tint? Couldn't be sure without the original to compare. I myself am happy as a clam with Surefire's integrity and No-Hassle Guarantee.
Excelsior!

whether it's a replacement pocket clip or a hi-priced defective titan, Surefire will cover...and that's why i only buy a Surefire product for my flashlight needs.

Lord Bear

Enlightened
Hey Lord Bear how about the doughnut hole at close range, is it still there?
Thinking about sending mine in, it wont turn on sometimes. Hasn't happened often, but just often enough to think about sending it in. And it's not the battery, it just doesn't turn on sometimes, even on full. Turning it off then back on makes it come on.

Nope. No donut hole. Even the original didn't have a donut hole. I wish I could compare this one and my original side by side. I'd swear it was brighter and with less bluish tint. (Still bluish but only at the center hotspot, not in the spill. The spill itself seems slightly yellowish right next to the hotspot.)
If the "won't turn on" effect is reliable, (I hope my meaning is clear), I'd send it back. Let's try that again. If it will RELIABLY refuse to turn on, I'd get that RMA number and send it back.
My CS rep did say IF they coulld reproduce the effect I'd reported, THEN they'd fix/replace it.

Lord Bear

Enlightened
Thanks Lord Bear, I'll just wait till it fails more reliably. If that makes sense!!!

:lolsign:

Edit: Oh, by the way, let's not forget for turning on, cleaning the contacts may solve that issue. 4Sevens carries Deoxit Gold, the only contact cleaner I'm aware of. There may be others. Try those first.

Last edited:

orchid_guy

Newly Enlightened
I agree, surefire's guarantee is by far the best and they will stand behind it as I found out first hand. The TIR optic on my L1 cracked internally and I could see it. I called SF, sent it in and today received the same L1 body with a new head and tailcap.

Now, when I bought the flashlight, it cost me $135 + tax. A new KX2 TIR head for my L4 is $109(similar optic) and a new tailcap would be about $20-$25. I feel that I've got my money's worth.

As a side note, I've decided that surefire is one of two brands of flashlights that I will buy. There are many accessories available, built strong and excellent customer service. The other brand I will buy is streamlight-- the propolymer luxeon lights are awesome too.