P60 Host with Clip

mrshish

Newly Enlightened
I used to EDC a SF E2E until 6 months ago when it got tired of me and walked off. Since then I found this forum and have been trying to decide on a replacement, which isn't easy with so many choices.

I recently stumbled on the whole p60 host thing and after it clicked I really like the idea. Now the hard part is which host to go with. My requirements are simple:

1. Quality
2. Pocket Clip (preferably bezel down)
3. Forward Clicky
4. Accept 18650

I thought I had made up my mind with a Dereelight CL1H but after reading more about the soft metal and stiff clicky I'm shying away from it. I carry it clipped to my back pocket so something thinner is better and I don't want a huge head on it.

I've read a lot of threads on hosts but specifically want opinions on hosts with clips.

Thanks for the help!

sfca

Enlightened
I used to EDC a SF E2E until 6 months ago when it got tired of me and walked off. Since then I found this forum and have been trying to decide on a replacement, which isn't easy with so many choices.

I recently stumbled on the whole p60 host thing and after it clicked I really like the idea. Now the hard part is which host to go with. My requirements are simple:

1. Quality
2. Pocket Clip (preferably bezel down)
3. Forward Clicky
4. Accept 18650

I thought I had made up my mind with a Dereelight CL1H but after reading more about the soft metal and stiff clicky I'm shying away from it. I carry it clipped to my back pocket so something thinner is better and I don't want a huge head on it.

I've read a lot of threads on hosts but specifically want opinions on hosts with clips.

Thanks for the help!

What's your price range. I mean you could go all the way up to the Oveready stuff.

Also, what's "huge" for you?
Eg. E2DL is 1" head diameter, body is slimmer.
C2 is 1.25" head diameter, 1" body diameter. Not too thick for me, but is it too thick for you?

Oveready C2 is the best call. You won't need or want a light after that.:cool:

Great pocket clip you won't want bezel down (I found that out myself!). And if you still do you could always give Surefire a call and ask for a replacement LX2 clip and fit that on. Here's a pic.

dss_777

Enlightened
Malkoff MD2, with pocket clip/switch shroud. I'm really liking the high-low switch. It's a 6P sized light and with the M61 dropin, it's 265 lumens output on high, 20-30 on low. Though you can use any Maloff dropin you can find. It carries bezel down, and has a very sturdy clip, And is 18650 ready.

red02

Enlightened
Novatac clip from lighthound fits most P60 hosts pretty well. Many pictures of this in the surefire lego thread.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great pocket clip you won't want bezel down (I found that out myself!).

Why so? Isn't it more awkward to pull the light up and out with your thumb down in the low position?

It seems more natural to pull the light up and out with your thumb in the high position.

I was not going to get a C2 if SF didn't sell me a LX2 clip. But if the stock bezel up clip is better, I am willing to reconsider.

BTW, where is the cheapest place to buy a C2-HA?

Last edited:

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Novatac clip from lighthound fits most P60 hosts pretty well. Many pictures of this in the surefire lego thread.

1) Will the clip fit well and tight?
2) Will the clip mar the Hard Anodize in any way?