Holster help.

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not but here goes.

Majority of the time I carry my EDC flashlight in my back pocket (5.11 Tac Pants) but I was watching a show the other day and they had a light that I believe was a Surefire, in a holster that I think was a Blade-Tech.

Since I don't carry a Surefire I don't know if it will work. Does anyone know if the Lumapower VX SST-50 has the same head diameter as the 6P? If so, I could order the holster and make it work.

The holster I'm looking at is the one made for the 6P.

Any help would be appreciated.

Squishy

Newly Enlightened
Have you checked local gun shops? Many of them will have holsters for flashlights, bear spray, etc. That's where I got my holster, and you can check the fitment in store.

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
Have you checked local gun shops? Many of them will have holsters for flashlights, bear spray, etc. That's where I got my holster, and you can check the fitment in store.

Wrong kind of holsters. I have a wide assortment of the types of holsters they sell.

The one I want basically just snugly fits the head of the light and the rest sticks out above the waist line. Would be much easier on me when sitting in my car on the occasions that I'm wearing dress pants rather than my 5.11s.

ToNIX

Enlightened
You're probably talking about the SureFire VXX Speed Holster.

Models are V70, V71, V72, V85 and V85A.

No idea if it will fit your light, check out the SureFire website.

Last edited:

Squishy

Newly Enlightened
Ah, sorry. Didn't know you were after the speed holsters.

From this post, the G2 is said to have an outer bezel diameter of 1.25", and the SureFire speed holster for the 6P also fits the G2. The speed holsters also look to have a narrower spot to carry a light tailcap-down, which that same post states is 1" in diameter. I don't have any SureFires so I can't take any actual measurements for you, maybe another member here will confirm those numbers.

There's also the Brando speed holster that fits several different sizes and has a battery carrier, but I don't think you can carry bezel-down in that. It looks to rely on the larger bezel to keep the light in place, though the Lumapower looks to be widest at the cigar-hold ring so perhaps that's an option for you.
http://gadget.brando.com/flashlight-speed-holster-with-battery-compartment_p01021c027d001.html

Last edited: