You want an E01 AA body? UPDATE: I think it just happened!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: You want an E01 AA body?

Wow that was fast, I'll check the other thread before celebrating.

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or are we just talking about double the brightness? That will also be a deal breaker for me. I want longer runtime, you can keep your brightness lol :nana:

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting idea, but wouldn't it look a little weird having the twist head be smaller in diameter than the body it's screwed into? Besides... double the runtime? On an E01? So your children's-children don't have to change the battery it shipped with? :D

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting idea, but wouldn't it look a little weird having the twist head be smaller in diameter than the body it's screwed into? Besides... double the runtime? On an E01? So your children's-children don't have to change the battery it shipped with? :D

Nowadays... the size difference will hardly go noticed. It's quite impressive how small they made the Nitecore EZAA and the Quark MiNi AA...

I got a laugh off that last comment though haha!

Imagine one of the most reliable lights... becoming more reliable... crazy... :sssh:

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
The main reason I asked for the AA tube is for longer runtime for emergency like power outage due to storm, earthquake, etc.. I will put it in my bag, but I will not be carrying it on my key chain.

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The main reason I asked for the AA tube is for longer runtime for emergency like power outage due to storm, earthquake, etc.. I will put it in my bag, but I will not be carrying it on my key chain.

Also the convenience of obtaining a AA battery in an emergency is priceless.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you imagine the runtime on a AA lithium? :faint:

It would definitely be some impressive runtime. I may be wrong but I believe a AA can give about twice the runtime of a AAA and a lithium AA is about 3x that of a normal Alkaline AA so doing the math thats about 6 times the runtime of a standard e01, so about 120 hours of runtime, 60 before it goes to moon mode. Something like that.

Still not as much as a quark mini 123 on low though :grin2:

My one worry about this project is price. One of the key reasons the e01 is such a well liked light is because it is such a good combination of quality and price and runtime. I feel like getting something like this custom kinda defeats the purpose. You could just get a pricier light then with a good low mode.

It still boggles me that fenix has never come out with this light on their own when everyone here has practically committed to buying half a dozen.

Status
Not open for further replies.