Steps to becoming a true flahaholic

cool4light

Newly Enlightened
1. Recognize you are a flashaholic.

2. Join CPF.

3. tell the little voice of reason in your head to shut up, and (buy more flashlights).

4. recognize you can never have enough flashlights and repeat step #3.

5. Get validation for your newest purchase from fellow flashaholics.

6. have fellow flashaholics suggest what your new flaslight should be.

7. repeat step #3.

8. carry at least one(preferably more) flashlight(s) with you all the time.

9. find any excuse possible to use your flashlights.

10. most important of all have fun.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Adendum to #9--find any excuse possible to use your flashlights and If need be, trip the circuit breaker often enough to cause other people to become interested in lights, pulling more into the fold...

Just made two more converts today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Jason

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have a winner! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

congradualtions on finding it again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Jason

Greta

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
trip the circuit breaker often enough to cause other people to become interested in lights, pulling more into the fold...

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif Tell me you don't really do this... LMAO!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
To convince my wife that she needed to take more than just the GI crookneck to Iraq for her first deployment, I turned all the lights off and made her carry out her usual evening routine in the dark (bathroom breaks in the dark as well) with whatever lights I had available for her.

She kept what worked for her. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif that's me on the right.

I tried a similar thing a few weeks back where I lit the living room of a party for 10 minutes with just a 5 watt. I gave a few Arc AAA's, 2 Photon III's and one sammich'mag away. Now I have 2 people calling, wanting me to get them sammiches too!

go into the light.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Jason

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
you eat yours?? Okay, you can just get a PBJ sandwich ...That rank should have a purple hotspot with a light brown corona--if made properly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Jason

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't wanna hijack the thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif

#11--you can't be a flashaholic without your flash-ahol, so quit all "step" programs and just give in...

-Jason

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
And #12: Start a website about flashlights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
If possible, have it get slashdotted at least once, and use more than 15 terabytes worth of bandwidth in one day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
did someone say flashahol?
<----------------------- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thing is so small it's hard to read the name on the can /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
It started with a torch...
a defunct 2AA rubber torch...
A trip to Maplin...
A superbright red LED...
A few minutes work dissasembling the bulb and soldering in the LED...
Hey presto...it started me on the way to torchaholism

Now I have 40 or more modded and bought LED torches and I'm sure the inventory will grow!

More batteries please!

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't find the other thread on this subject, so I call a THREAD REVIVAL!!!!

1 - Buy a flashlight and be wowed it is so bright compared with the old incans
2 - you want a better one
3 - Start looking on the 'net and order one online
4 - Crap! there's a FORUM about this stuff??
5 - join CPF
6 - Order 500$ worth of flashlights in one shot!
7 - Learn about different interfaces
8 - Order 500 $ worth of flashlights with different interfaces in one shot...
9 - Learn about Cool, neutral and warm
10 - Order another flashlight
11 - Order 800$ worth of flashlights
12 - Learn about high CRI, headlamps, flood and throw
13 - Spend an amount of $$ in flashlights that surpasses the worth of your 10 year old Saturn (that's a car brand, not a flashlight model, you flashaholic!)
14 - Spend more time on CPF than you do actually using flashlights
15 - Buy your first custom flashlight
16 - Somewhere in the previous steps people at work were already going to you to borrow a flashlight. Previous to that they already had a nickname for you, such as "Mr. Flashlight".
17 - Follow a custom flashlight maker and spend something like a month's rent or mortgage worth on a single light.
18 - Research the next month's rent or mortgage worth flashlight even before the year is over.
19 - Own a flashlight collection that could be sold for the price of a house, yet you don't fully own one.
20 - You need to dust off your light switches and test your light bulbs in case you have visitors over...

And I skipped the steps about batteries, chargers, Plano boxes, the marketplace and accessories...

Last edited:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
And what a complete waste of money and anorak wearing this stupid addiction is.I have more than enough lights and yet i am a victim and will buy more before December is over.:nana:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
A 10 year old zombie thread, and it's about people who drink too much flahahol :shakehead:

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL... I didn't even notice it. Then again, when I see a license plate with the letters CFP I always read it CPF and, for some reason, there are quite a few cars around with those letters on their plate