Problems with Eagletac

stu022488

Newly Enlightened
Well i got my second Eagletac flashlight which is the T20C2 which i was very impressed with. I use it as my duty flashlight and have my ohlight m30 Triton in my car for emergency uses. Now recently my Eagletac flashlight stopped turning on and i would have to rotate and twist the head of the flashlight to find a sweet spot so it would turn on. This resulted in it only working in HI mode and not being able to use Low and medium mode because if i twisted the heads light to change modes it would shut off. Anyhow I switched the batteries to brand new ones and it still didnt work. I have had a problem in the past with my T10LC2 and had to solder parts back on after about a month of use at work. Anyhow it is a wonderful flashlight design and throw but i am starting to get worried about the quality of their flashlights. Eagletac-store just stopped carrying them due to problems and i have had a heck of a time getting ahold of the company.

Anyhow does anyone have any information for phone numbers for eagletac and any information on what the problem with the flashlight could be. Thank you

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where did you purchase the light from? I would get in contact with that reseller and try to get a return.

If not contact Mike at Pacific Tactical Solutions, I believe they are the US distributor for EagleTac.

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
I have two EagleTacs (P20C2 MkII and a P20A2 MkII).

On the P20C2 I had similar problems to yours. I had problems at BOTH ends on the flashlight, at the lens and at the tail switch. Both problems involved parts loosening up.

I would bet $100 that the tailcap switch on your light has loosened up in its bore. Below is a pic showing the inside view of the switch on my P20C2. I am assuming yours is similar. You will see the two tiny holes, made for a special tool. I made a "special tool" out of rubber hose and pieces of paper clip. Obviously (because of weak tool), I could not get the switch super-tight with this tool, but I got it surprisingly tight, plus I used threadlok when I re-installed the switch and it seems fine now.

The threads are reversed so you need to go clockwise to remove the switch completely, then dab some threadlok on the threads, then counter-clockwise to tighten. At least, this is how the setup is on my P20C2, double-check on yours before you go crazy loosening or tightening on your T20C2.

Eagletac-switch.jpg

-

Last edited:

somename

Newly Enlightened
I have two EagleTacs (P20C2 MkII and a P20A2 MkII).

On the P20C2 I had similar problems to yours. I had problems at BOTH ends on the flashlight, at the lens and at the tail switch. Both problems involved parts loosening up.

I would bet $100 that the tailcap switch on your light has loosened up in its bore. Below is a pic showing the inside view of the switch on my P20C2. I am assuming yours is similar. You will see the two tiny holes, made for a special tool. I made a "special tool" out of rubber hose and pieces of paper clip. Obviously (because of weak tool), I could not get the switch super-tight with this tool, but I got it surprisingly tight, plus I used threadlok when I re-installed the switch and it seems fine now.

The threads are reversed so you need to go clockwise to remove the switch completely, then dab some threadlok on the threads, then counter-clockwise to tighten. At least, this is how the setup is on my P20C2, double-check on yours before you go crazy loosening or tightening on your T20C2.

Eagletac-switch.jpg

-

I agree with Chevy-SS. I had the tail cap piece loosen up in my T20C2 MKII and it started acting funny. Tightened it back up using tweezers in the two holes and it fixed it.

Hope you get it fixed!

stu022488

Newly Enlightened
Hey i tried this with the tailcap switch and no luck. I also did it with the other end and still no luck with that either. Any other suggestions?? Thanks for the help so far ill keep trying to trouble shoot

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
Damn, you tried both ends and no luck? I guess I just lost a C-note, ugh...... :tired:

Look again before you call the dealer.

-

stu022488

Newly Enlightened
Yea i dont know if something more intricit loosened up because it just slowly started to go from bad to worse. First i would have to loosen the end of the light to get it to turn on and by the end i was almost unscrewing it to attempt to hit a sweet spot. Ill have to keep looking and thanks for the help and trouble shooting. Anyone have nay information on how to contact eagletac. I bought the light from eagle-tac store and they have ceased honoring eagletac warranties and selling lights because of defects in some of the lights from what the service rep told me today....anyhow i have tried to contact eagletac directly for a week now through their websites email service and still got nothing so im figuring a good phone call would be sufficient

stu022488

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have any phone numbers i can contact them with and talk to a live sales rep

lebox97

Enlightened
eagletac-store is 4sevens, and they stopped selling EagleTac products almost a year ago (last year around September). :shrug:

I am with everyone else - sounds like a loose switch, or bad switch.

Is this a T20C2 or a T20C2 MKII?

Send me an email and I'll take care of it for you (or call me).
:thumbsup:

Tod

Yea i dont know if something more intricit loosened up because it just slowly started to go from bad to worse. First i would have to loosen the end of the light to get it to turn on and by the end i was almost unscrewing it to attempt to hit a sweet spot. Ill have to keep looking and thanks for the help and trouble shooting. Anyone have nay information on how to contact eagletac. I bought the light from eagle-tac store and they have ceased honoring eagletac warranties and selling lights because of defects in some of the lights from what the service rep told me today....anyhow i have tried to contact eagletac directly for a week now through their websites email service and still got nothing so im figuring a good phone call would be sufficient

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was just going to suggest talking to illuminationgear. Great ET seller to deal with.

CDP930

Newly Enlightened
I had the same problem that started this week and tried tightening up the switch with tweezers. It worked! Thanks for the info.

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened
I have a P20C2 and a P20c2 mkII. Over time my MkII exhibited the problem of momentarily shutting off and then a week or so later it bean to be very fussy about what position th head was in and then woudl only work on turbo. Not long after this my original model began showing the exact same symptoms. Sounds very similar to the OP's problem.

I fiddled with the tailcaps to no avail (I never load my batteries throught he tailcap end anyway so there's no reason for it to loosen).

In th eend after a fair bit of fiddling I found it was a problem whee the battery positive pole makes contact with the little button in the head. I had to clean that little button in the head quite agressively with a scourer cos wiping it didn't fix it but once it was "scoured" on both torches they resumed perfect trouble free operation.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I have a P20C2 and a P20c2 mkII. Over time my MkII exhibited the problem of momentarily shutting off and then a week or so later it bean to be very fussy about what position th head was in and then woudl only work on turbo. Not long after this my original model began showing the exact same symptoms. Sounds very similar to the OP's problem.

I fiddled with the tailcaps to no avail (I never load my batteries throught he tailcap end anyway so there's no reason for it to loosen).

In th eend after a fair bit of fiddling I found it was a problem whee the battery positive pole makes contact with the little button in the head. I had to clean that little button in the head quite agressively with a scourer cos wiping it didn't fix it but once it was "scoured" on both torches they resumed perfect trouble free operation.

I have the original version of the T20C2 and the new P20C2. Never had a problem with either. Love em both. I've never lubed, fiddled, or done anything to mine other than change batteries. I don't believe there is a single brand of flashlight here that doesn't have problems sometimes.

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened
I have the original version of the T20C2 and the new P20C2. Never had a problem with either. Love em both. I've never lubed, fiddled, or done anything to mine other than change batteries. .
then I guess you're maybe not going to be of much use to us when it comes to figuring out how to fix what's gone wrong with this one then.........

recDNA

Flashaholic
There was mention of a quality problem in one post and I wanted to defend them. You're right though. I don't know how to fix a broken one. Sounds like Tod is taking care of that though. You also gave a great tip that I'll try to remember if I do have a problem.

Last edited:

red02

Enlightened

Pardon my ignorance, but what is that tube on the top right hand corner. Does it come with all eagletac 2xcr123 lights?

IIRC Ealgetac-store (now 4sevens) stopped selling the lights because some of the earlier models did not have an o-ring between the lens and the bezel. When someone would drop the light the right way, the lens would shatter and the light needed repairs. I think those were the P models.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's just a piece of rubber hose he had on hand. Hehe not an official ET tail switch tightening tool. Which looking at his home made one, wonder if a golf cleat tool would work.

Vesper

Enlightened
I once put too much grease on and around the bezel threads of my T20C2. It really interfered with its operation. When I cleaned up it again, it worked well enough again. Reaching eagletac might be hit or miss from what I've read.

Last edited: