AI Program

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
A friend sent me this. You pick an object, and the computer tries to guess what you're thinking by asking you questions. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Pretty neat.

http://y.20q.net:8095/

TheBeam

Enlightened
I played it twice. It won twice. First it guessed a pen then a brick. I'll let you know when I can fool it.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
very cool!

i made similar programs with old turbopascal, but never anything that required that much programming...that must have taken quite a bit of time!

a cow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
Well, I wasn't out to fool it at first, but by chance, I picked the first thing I looked at, my fingernail. It, however, disagree's with me when it asked "Animal, Mineral, Vegetable, etc. I of course, picked animal. Well this threw it for a wild goose chase, but I DO stand by my conviction and say it is indeed, animal. It thought "Other". Later, during its "interrogation", it asked me "Would you find it in an office?" to which I replied "Yes". It disagreed and thought the correct response should have been "No". How strange. It took 28 guesses to get "fingernail". Then when I tried to fool it, it usually won. ....Eh, go fig-ya /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Cool programming, nonetheless. If I recall correctly, it constructs a sort of "decision tree" using a database for storage as I remember a college professor showing us something similar written in LISP during the seventies(when I attended MIT).
Ed.

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
Beat it 3 times
1)Ambergris - it has NO clue what it is
2)Laquer Thinner - not in it's database (came close)
3)Confused it with Granite. Is it used in your home. Me, no - it yes. Is it shiny? Them NO, me YES, Can your wear it - Me YES, them - NO (Picture a granite pendant). Does it roll - Me Irrellevent - them NO (depends - I can make a marble out of it, it's roll

arioch

Enlightened
Koool ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

It came close with one (my item was eardrum; it guessed ear), but was off with the other (my item was Spam; it guessed weiner schnitzel). "Defeated" it both times, though. Kind of fun! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif