Good weaponlight

Jellybean18

Newly Enlightened
Hey y'all, I'm looking to get a good flashlight to mount on my 12 ga. shotgun. I know nothing about flashlights lol. I was watching a few Nutnfancy flashlight reviews on youtube and he mentioned this forum, so I thought this would be the best place to ask my questions. The absolute most I'd want to spend is $120 (but I'd really like to spend around $75). Right now my ideas are 4sevens and Felix, but I'm open to any and all suggestions! Again, I'm a complete newbie when it comes to flashlights, so speak slowly for me! thanks ahead of time for any help.

Jellybean18

Newly Enlightened
it's a Mossberg 500 with a mag extension (no rails). I figured I'd get the light attachment that clamps to the side of the magazine tube.

vtunderground

Enlightened
I've used this flashlight mount on the mag extension on my Remington 870:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=1537/Product/TACTICAL_SHOTGUN_MOUNT

It's pretty solid! If it'll fit your 500, I highly recommend it.

As for a flashlight... I'm hoping someone else can help out here. For this mount (or one like it) you'd need a light with a 1" diameter body. An LED light is a must, as is a single level of light - wouldn't it suck if the shotgun's recoil caused your light to switch levels?

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could get away with a G2L in that, and there are a ton of custom parts available for that platform.

NoKarma

Newly Enlightened
I would look for a surefire dedicated pump for-end. They will come up close to your price range every few months.
Trust me you do not want wires running to a pressure pad on your pump. They will tangle and get in the way. I would also not want a clickie on off switch. You will want to use a momentary on off switch.
NoKarma