Counter Strike Source settings.

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know I know... what an old game.

I stopped playing for 3 yrs. and finally start again because if I play, I don't go out and therefore save money for my hobbies. lol.

Here is the thing. They just updated steam and counter strike source and my setting kept getting erased.

For some reason, it saved all my settings I made except for my zoom_sensitivity_ratio. It kept resetting back to 1.0.

I even went into the setting under config and changed it and saved it.

After I save the settings under config. I start steam and it still default to 1.0. I played one round. Then I exit and went back to my config setting and noticed my zoom_sensitivity_ratio is gone from the setting. I swear I saved it.

It seems it got overwrite when I started steam.

Not working. Any idea?

Last edited:

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried making the config file read only? This might crash the game, but it is worth a try.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Start > My Computer > Local Disk > Program Files > Steam > Steam Apps > (Your Steam login name) > cstrike > cfg

Copy and paste the file named "Config" so you have 2. Take the copy and rename it to "autoexec". Delete everything out of it (it's a notepad file) and put the setting you want.

When CSS opens it loads that file last it loads those settings. Just put em' in like this:

cl_Crosshairscale 1650
rate 30000
cl_cmdrate 101
cl_updaterate 101
etc
etc
etc
etc

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
Start > My Computer > Local Disk > Program Files > Steam > Steam Apps > (Your Steam login name) > cstrike > cfg

Copy and paste the file named "Config" so you have 2. Take the copy and rename it to "autoexec". Delete everything out of it (it's a notepad file) and put the setting you want.

When CSS opens it loads that file last it loads those settings. Just put em' in like this:

cl_Crosshairscale 1650
rate 30000
cl_cmdrate 101
cl_updaterate 101
etc
etc
etc
etc

Thx Search, that fixed the problem.