Should I upgrade to the 200lm ED2L?

zenlunatic

Newly Enlightened
I bought a used E2DL at a fair price. It's the older 120 lumen model. It is a beast. I carry it in my Jumbo concealed for self defense. For self-defense, do you guys think I should upgrade to the 200 lumen model? I'm wondering if the 200 lumens would be more effective, but it seems at 20 feet or so this thing will disorient anyone at night.

yalskey

Enlightened
You probably will barely notice an output difference... maybe side by side on a white wall you might see one little step up in light, but it would be barely noticeable with regular use.

And for the love of flashlights do not drop the "S.D." word around here. I've had just about enough of that backward logic for a lifetime.

MR.A

Newly Enlightened
no, no it is not necessary to do that. Keep what you have.

From what it is said here there is not big difference.

steveG

Enlightened
I was (and still am) tempted to buy a new E2DL to replace (or maybe just compliment, ha!) my older version but have decided against it. I'm super happy with the tint and output on mine so why spend all that dough for a possibly noticeable difference?

Should I decide I need the extra few lumens I'll get an LX2 instead.

MR.A

Newly Enlightened
i do not own the LX2 but i would also like to get one.

The cost is too high though and my budget not enough.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
If your current E2DL has proven to be reliable, keep it. There is the possibility of an issue cropping up with any newly-made unit - it sounds like your current one has proven itself.

zenlunatic

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys. You may have just saved me a lot of money. The E2DL is now snug in my Jumbo's CCW pocket, where it will remain and hopefully never be needed.

Latest posts