Arc AAA With Momentary-On

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMac

Enlightened
Well, I'm sure you're all dying to know how I did this (or else just want it to stop showing up bold in the list of threads) so I will get right to the point. Here is how you do it.

1. Take the clip off of the Arc AAA, then put it back on backwards.
2. Position it so that the tip of the clip (the end that doesnt attatch to the arc) is even with the head.
3. The turn the light on.
4. Slowy turn it towards the off position, but as soon as it goes off, stop.
5. Press down on the clip. Release for the light to stop.

It should look like this.
fb72484a.jpg

If it does not work, you may need to repeat step 4. Otherwise, you may just be out of luck. It does not work will all of my arc aaa's. Maybe it would help just clean the contacts and re-grease it.

Just one more reason why Arc is better than the competition! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
You can do it without the clip by hanging a finger over the head and pulling back to the body a bit. After years of using them, I just twist it on and off with one hand anyway... but still, that is a new use for the clip!

BigMac

Enlightened
I had been doing the same thing with my finger over the head, but my finger would sometimes get in the way of the beam.

BigMac

Enlightened
An update: Don't leave it in the momentary on position. It has the tendency to get twisted a bit and turn on (and stay on) in your pocket.

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
BigMac said:
I had been doing the same thing with my finger over the head, but my finger would sometimes get in the way of the beam.

[/ QUOTE ]
The secret here is to try pushing from the side, just like the clip does. OR, do what I do, and drill a 3/8" hole through one of your fingers first.

BigMac

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Darell said:
...do what I do, and drill a 3/8" hole through one of your fingers first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that is somthing only a flashoholic would say. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
watch it darell, that's probably going to happen to me anyway! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif
my hands are cursed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

i've done this in the past, but i just twist it now, not much harder, and it doesn't get turned on when you're walking along or swinging a bowling ball /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
yup mouse, that's my fetish...bowling balls /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Danger_Mouse

Newly Enlightened
Uh, just make sure you drill the holes the proper size. Hate to hear about a CPF'r going to the hospital due to getting 'stuck'

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
yes, that would likely affect my modding abilities /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.