G&P SW01 knockoff tailcap

horizonseeker

Enlightened
not at the current time (as of 1.5 weeks ago), they will point you to one of their retailers, however, so far none of them will order the part or tell you that part is not available through G&P separately.

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
not at the current time (as of 1.5 weeks ago), they will point you to one of their retailers, however, so far none of them will order the part or tell you that part is not available through G&P separately.

Ain't that a bummer. Guess you'll have the buy the whole light to get the tailcap

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I guess there are no spares or replacement parts for owners of G&P lights either. Not good.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
That light looks like and exact copy of my Ultrafire WF500. Lighthound sells parts including the tailcap that should work with your light. Check it out.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am planning on putting the G&P slim SW01 on my SF C2 if possible.
Just a few more questions for anyone:

1) How is the quality of the G&P tailcap in general?
2) Does it mate up well with the SF tailcap threads?
3) Does the McClicky fit in well and work well?
4) Does it add any more length to the light?
5) Are you happy with the overall function of the G&P tailcap on your SF?

The Ultrafire tailcaps look a bit longer which is ok but I think the G&P is shorter(?)

thanks

Last edited:

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apart from the anodising, which is not as tough as surefire´s, there´s nothing to complain about the switch. It´s slightly longer than a Z41, about 3mm I´d say. A McClicky did fit and work well in my tailcap. Although I can´t remember what retaining ring I used. Since Netkidz clicky conversion fit both the Z41 as well as the SW01 and since it is a copy of the SW01, the Oveready clicky conversion should work.

Eric

purelite

Enlightened
huh, they have some copies that look cool but there arent even descriptions of the lights in detail. How can you order when you dont know what they all are made up of? Seems like too much of a hassle

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can´t tell for sure but I suppose it is something between type II and type III anodizing. It´s a matte black anodizing and does match surefire´s black HA good (my emerson C2 for example was a pretty good match).

Eric

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can´t tell for sure but I suppose it is something between type II and type III anodizing. It´s a matte black anodizing and does match surefire´s black HA good (my emerson C2 for example was a pretty good match).

Eric

thanks - its looking promising...

Last edited:

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
The G&P pressure switch GP676A is not compatible with the R500 flashlight according to uncompany.com who has it listed for sale.

I don't know if they mean "not compatible" meaning it won't work as a pressure switch or it won't fit.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apart from the electrical hardware, is the aluminum part the same as the tailcap of the R500 Scorpion flashlight?

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just examined the pressure switch version - the outside aluminum part looks the same but the inner dimensions are quite different - bottom line: The pressure switch version of this G&P tailcap will not work.

The end face wall thickness, which is usually 1mm or so thick on a regular push button tailcap , is about 5mm thick on the pressure switch version. The rubber button will barely stick out of the hole.