Where to buy Z44 black HA III head

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is Oveready the only ones who have it?

There are some on ebay in matte black rather than gloss black but the seller isn't sure if its type 2 or type 3. Matte black should be type 3 and glossy should be type 2.

UberLumens

Newly Enlightened
Oveready may be it.

If its not on the SF site in HA III, then they are only custom made by EG and team.

If isnt only custom only maybe lapolicegear (they have the new kx4 heads so worth looking).

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should call Surefire. I needed a M3 bezel not too long ago and they sold me one for $42.

kelmo

tsl

Enlightened
I had called SF on whether the Z44 came in HA black, and the response I got back was that it did not. The matte black may simply be some sort of powder coating applied or something else. Do a search and I think you'll see most saying that it's not HA.

mfrey

Enlightened
The Surefire 'rule' is that black aluminum bezels placed on G series LED bodies (G2L) are always finished in HA. To my knowledge Oveready is the only place to buy them as take-offs. One note: Oveready upgrades the G-series Z44 window from Lexan to Pyrex (or UCL at buyer's discretion).

Also try Kevin at Brightflashlights.com. He has sold me SF take-off parts before. Try to find one quickly if you want one. Now that SF has migrated to the KX4 head, you might have trouble finding one in the future.

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is Oveready the only ones who have it?

There are some on ebay in matte black rather than gloss black but the seller isn't sure if its type 2 or type 3. Matte black should be type 3 and glossy should be type 2.
The SF Z44 bezels I got from Oveready were Matte black HA II. They also sell HA III. The only visible difference is the Surefire white lettering is covered up on the HA III bezels they sell. The Matte finish appears almost the same.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
The matte heads are factory HA however we've just had to pull them. The only supply is when bought with P60L modules which are now discontinued. It's not yet clear if the replacement heads will be as 'modular'

In any case, we are working to increase supply of the custom version.

Latest posts