LED Battery Warning Clarification

d2eux

Newly Enlightened
Hey all,

My first bright LED flashlight came in today, a LED Lenser T7. Great light, much better than the cheap 12 LED flashlights I used to get from places like dealextreme!
I have one question though. In the instructions, it says

"IIf you do not intend to use the flashlight for a long period of time, take the batteries out to prevent them leaking and damaging the flashlight.

The batteries it contains are 4 AAAs labelled "LED Lenser."

Does this mean I should take out the batteries whenever I dont use the flashlight after short uses?

Thanks!

Last edited:

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those AAA are most likely alkalines and well alkalines have a tendency to leak. Once the battery leaksk, you might be shopping for a new light. If you use the light a lot no problem but don't leave the batteries inside the light if you don't plan on using the light for a bit

HarveyRich

Enlightened
I agree with d2eux. Just want to warn you that the mods may move this to the battery section as the primary subject is about batteries. BTW, welcome to the board, even if you already have 12 posts.

Quension

Newly Enlightened
The time period here is generally in "months", by the way. You don't want to store it with those batteries in your emergency bag and expect it to work during storm season, for instance.

d2eux

Newly Enlightened
The time period here is generally in "months", by the way. You don't want to store it with those batteries in your emergency bag and expect it to work during storm season, for instance.

oh ok so the bottom line is be reasonable. Yea, I plan to use it more than once every few months:grin2:

Egsise

Banned
And don't forget that the manual forbids rechargeable NiMH batteries.
P7 is similar to T7, start buying those batteries... :D

FenixTK20vsLLP7.gif