Issues with preon 2 warm

Budda

Enlightened
Hi everybody!
I just got a pre-owned Preon 2 limited edition with warm tint. It works great, except for this: I can't unmount the "tailcap" for removing the clip and insert the metallic ring. It's possible to remove only the first portion, were is inserterd the clicky botton and the plastic botton. It's too hard to unscrew.

I hope you can understand my poor english lovecpf
Have a nice day!

sappyg

Enlightened
i have the same light and i have removed the tailcap assemly twice. you have to unscrew the complete tailcap... not just the top piece. the whole assembly is removed just at the clip itself. have you tried that?

Budda

Enlightened
I tried to unscrew both at the same time, the "superior" tailcap is the only that i can unscrew, the under part it's too hard (and i'm a quite strenght guy)

sappyg

Enlightened
hmmmm. maybe take the head off 1st. it might take some pressure off of the tail cap. :shrug: or maybe try heating it up just a little and then twist.

r1gm1n

Newly Enlightened
Or maybe a drop of oil on the clip ring and then push the clip to break any resistance. My Preon unscrews easily.

ykb

Newly Enlightened
Hi Angelo,
I wrapped a small elastic band on the tailcap part and did the same with the body part, to get more grip screwing / unscrewing.
There's no glue there :)
Thanks,
ykb