I feel like a new flashlight...

Kentucky Rifle

Newly Enlightened
After three Arc's, including an LSH-P, I'm going to buy something different. Not that I don't like my Arcs any longer, it's just that any good collection is varried...eclectic even. For those of you who own both, which of these is *brighter. (And I do realize that brightness is somewhat subjective.) What about my Arc LSH-P vs a Surefire E2? Both with the single #123 lithium battery. What about the "bulb" on the E2? I wonder how quickly THAT burns out?
Thank you in advance for the opinions.

Will

B

BULLDOG

The E2 uses two 123 lithium batteries not one. The E1 uses one 123 lithium battery. Go for a new Surefire L4, 5 watt LED, no need to worry about a bulb to blow, and it is BRIGHT!

jtice

Flashaholic
I cant help answer your question, but, I'd would like to point out that the E2 is a 2x123 light. The E1 is the 1x123 version.
Or, did you mean to put a dead cell spacer in the E2, and run it off one 123?

Kentucky Rifle

Newly Enlightened
Sorry guys, I just got the name wrong. I meant the E1. Just the single #123 lithium. I want to know what to expect.
The ARC LSH-P is a wonderful flashlight. I've seen a lot of people walking around with that little one battery "E1" clipped to their pockets. The little Surefires are about half as expensive as an LSH-P, but if they wern't great little lights, I wouldn't be seeing so many of them. Some people are going to the large gun shows around here just to look for a deal on these little jewels. The "gun metal" color is pretty nice.

Will

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you just looking for a replacement EDC for your Arc LS? It sounds that way from your posts. If so, there's a great E1-KL4 thread in the dealer forum that you'd be interested in... What's important to you for a new light? Brightness? Runtime? Size? Battery cost? Color light? How will you use it?

Kentucky Rifle

Newly Enlightened
Phaserburn & Other Guys~
Well, I ordered the E1e-KL4. Also, I wanted to thank all of you for not making me feel like the novice I am. (At age 53 too!) What's important to me in a light is brightness and durability. I keep a number of items on me as "EDC". (Weapons too.) I'm a pilot and sometimes ramps are REALLY dark places. I wish the new light ran a little longer however, there are great deals on #123 lithiums in a lot of places. Having to actually carry a spare battery is a different matter.
I keep a small leather pouch in my pocket that holds a Leatherman "P4 Squirt", a flat fingernail clipper, EDC flashlight, Windmill "windproof" lighter, and small metal pill vial. A larger kit is in the plane with several "other items" that will keep me safe, feed me and help me build that all-important fire. I'm NOT spending another cold, dark, hungry, night under the wing of a disabled airplane in the middle of nowhere. That's why I figure I need a couple of nice, bright, small flashlights. (But I have more.:) ) I also keep a Chris Reeve "Sebenza" clipped to my right pocket and a Spyderco stainless steel "Cricket" clipped to my right pocket.

Nice to be *almost one of you, (Getting better all the time!)
Will

LightofMine

Newly Enlightened
Kentucky, what type of plane do you fly? My flying days are over because I can't pass a medical any longer. For years I was a member of a club that had a about 90 members. We had an old Piper Cherokee 140, two Cessna 150's, three Cessna 172's and one Cessna 182. I got the 182 as much as I could because it was my favorite. Our club president had a PA18 Super Cub that was his personnel plane and I was one of the very few that he let use it. I always had a problem with taxi in a tail dragger until one day this old man (he look like he was 90) took me for a ride in his 7AC Aeronca Champ. The old man showed me his secret for keeping a tail dragger straight.

I found this forum by accident one day. The more I read it the more I liked it. I discovered there was something better out there than a Mag Light. I have a draw full of Mag Lights. It got to be a family joke that ever Christmas the kids would say, just get dad another Mag Light. At least I have a lot of lights to do mods on. I now have Streamlights, Brinkmanns, Pelicans and I ordered my first UK last night. Seems the most popular lights on this forum are the Arc and the Surefire. I don't have any of those "yet".

Keep the Airspeed in the green, keep the ball in the center on your turn coordinator, keep a flashlight handy and you'll always be safe.

Kentucky Rifle

Newly Enlightened
PlayboyJoe & Lightofmine,
No, I just "load up" and head for the ramp. Usually just me.
Light/mine--I like to fly a Bonanza. Fast, easy to fly, plenty of room. I remember passing *very close to a DC-3 (snuck up on top of him really..shhhhuuussshhh) and zoomed right by his cockpit window. HAHAHAHA~~~you should have SEEN his FACE!!! 200MPH for the Bonanza vs ~156MPH for the DC-3. I could read his lips as he turned to his copilot and said, "Did you see that"??? Of course~~~that was "back in the days".... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Will

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
I have a Ukraine-made "squeeze light" (hand crank generator) with a 4-Nichia cluster replacing the dim yellow incandescent bulb. Not bad brightness, provides (at least one of) your hands some exercise, great for Y2K-type situations, and talk about eclectic. Esoteric, even!

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Charlie;

Squeeze light, huh? One of those. I had 2 once upon a time and couldn't get spare bulbs. They didn't last long (bulbs). At least you could mod yours into something useful in a squeeze. hehehe

I am one of those that is now prohibited from flying anywhere, as that means buying a one way ticket, and that means instant arrest, if not worse. Never mind that those terrorists could buy round trip tickets and do their thing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif