Surefire DOA . . .

Hobbs

Newly Enlightened
New Stratum arrived not working right out of the box. Tried new batteries with no luck. Took tail cap off and pushed spring down/around and it worked when put back together, for a while. It then started to flicker when on and when I fooled with the tail cap again the spring came off completely. Light still does not work after reattaching the spring. How do you tell if it is a head or tail cap problem? Nice light while it worked. :mad: I know SF will make it right, but still kind of disappointed!

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I got my first light, a Fenix P3D I had a similar issue. Wouldn't turn on. I cleaned the threads on the tail and head with some rubbing alcohol and that fixed the problem.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Take something metal an bridge the back of the battery and the edge of the body. If it lights up and stays on as long as you hold it then it's probably the switch.

Hobbs

Newly Enlightened
Take something metal an bridge the back of the battery and the edge of the body. If it lights up and stays on as long as you hold it then it's probably the switch.

Tried that and it worked a couple of times, but not always. Seems like it may be in the head. At least Surefire warranty service is only one UPS day away.