A Newbie's Collection: My Lights

JNieporte

Enlightened
I wanted to show my collection so far. Yes, I could've saved the money on these low-end lights and gotten a great one, but for the most part, I'm satisfied with mine.

These run on a single AAA battery...
001-69.jpg

From left to right (increasing order of brightness): Rayovac AAA battery, Gerber Sonic, Gerber Tracer headlight, Gerber Tempo, Rayovac LED, Streamlight MicroStream.

Also, I forgot to throw in a shot of my Fenix E01...
007-60.jpg

These run on more than one AAA battery, but don't use the cylinder-style holders:
002-71.jpg

From left to right (increasing order of brightness): Rayovac AAA battery, Eveready Pen Light (two AAAs), Military-issue Pen Light (goes to the Emergency Surgery Kit, two AAAs), Princeton Tec Blast (two AAAs), Princeton Tec Quad headlight (three AAAs), Energizer 6-LED headlight (three AAAs).
The Rayovac 70-lumen lantern at the end is misplaced; it runs on three AAs.
The horizontally-oriented Rayovac Pen Light is also misplaced; it runs on one AAA.

These run on AAA batteries, held by a cylinder-style holder:
003-75.jpg

From left to right (increasing order of brightness): Rayovac AAA battery, typical holder, freebie 9-LED from Harbor Freight (three AAAs), freebie 9-LED from Sam's Club (three AAAs), Garrity 9-LED (three AAAs), Dorcy LED (three AAAs), Brinkmann 3-mode headlight (three AAAs), Brinkmann 12-LED / Laser (three AAAs).

These also run on AAAs in a cylinder...
004-73.jpg

Left to right: Rayovac AAA battery, typical holder, Brinkmann headlamp (three AAAs), Coleman Mini Packlight (three AAAs), Coast LED Lenser 100-lumen (three AAAs), Dorcy 145-lumen LED headlight (three AAAs).

The only CR123 light I own, a Dorcy 80-lumen...
006-57.jpg

These two run on D batteries:
008-59.jpg

Left to right: Duracell D battery, Energizer Weather Ready 3-mode lantern (three Ds), MagLite 3-D LED.

These use a single AA battery:
009-59.jpg

Left to right: Duracell AA battery, Energizer 40-lumen LED, TerraLux Lightstar 100 3-mode.

These all use two AA batteries:
010-56.jpg

Left to right: Duracell AA battery, Mini MagLite with Nite Ize 3-LED drop-in, Mini MagLite LED, Mini MagLite LED with Nite Ize tailcap, Rayovac 70-lumen LED, Rayovac 100-lumen LED.

Four AA Dorcy lantern...
011-56.jpg

These use a coin-cell battery:
005-65.jpg

SOLED, Fauxton, Finger Light.

Not pictured: another Mini MagLite AA (upgraded with the 3-LED Nite Ize drop-in), Streamlight Stylus Pro, about eight more of those freebies from Harbor Freight, a D-cell angle-head military-issue light, and a Streamlight Stylus 3.

I'm waiting on a Leatherman Monarch 300, Leatherman Serac 3, and Romisen RC-A2. What else do I need? :twothumbs

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Nice collection. It reminds me a good bit of my own. I haven't met many lower priced lights I didn't like, too. Thanks for the pics.

Geoff

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the PT Quad I think it's a good headlamp for the price. The Coleman Mini packlight is one of my favorite mini lanterns, runs forever and solid built.

How about that Dorcy CR123, I have one of the older Super 1 Watt models at 45 lumens. I pull it out the drawer and give it a go every now and then, it feels nice in the hand with smooth beam and I still consider it one of my favorite retail budget light's I have.

Your collection reminds me very much of my own when I first began exploring flashlights, I eventually started moving up in price and quality but still find time to search the local retail stores for little hidden gems.

Last edited:

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanted to show my collection so far. Yes, I could've saved the money on these low-end lights and gotten a great one, but for the most part, I'm satisfied with mine.
I'm waiting on a Leatherman Monarch 300, Leatherman Serac 3, and Romisen RC-A2. ..

:thumbsup: I enjoy some of those same lights. A light costing 5 times as much will not necessarily provide 5 times the fun.

You will like the Leatherman Serac 3.

sappyg

Enlightened
nice collection.... you can never have too many lights.

i gotta ask.... what's the deal with the white tape on some of them?

fishx65

Enlightened
The Dorcy 145 Lumen headlamp has been my favorite for a while now. Bigger then my EOS but awesome beam and smooth switch.

Got a bunch of those 1AA Energizers. The Cree versions are great little throwers. The solid clip makes them ideal for ballcap use. If yours is not a Cree, Target has them back in stock for around 15 smackers!

Very nice collection of lower cost lights! They get the job done and don't break the bank.

maskman

Newly Enlightened
Yep, no doubt about it. Your a flashaholic. :twothumbs

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I could've saved the money on these low-end lights and gotten a great one, but for the most part, I'm satisfied with mine.

Looks like money well spent to me. The Coast Led Lenser 100 lumen was the first "real" light I bought over 5 years ago. It has bounced off the concrete more times than I can remember and just abused in general and it has NEVER failed to turn on. It's just a simple, bulletproof light! My 7 year old son is now the proud owner of this light and he loves it as much as I do. I have also upgraded the LED to an SSC P4 with a nice "snow" white output.

dark_hood

Newly Enlightened

These run on a single AAA battery...
001-69.jpg

From left to right (increasing order of brightness): Rayovac AAA battery, Gerber Sonic, Gerber Tracer headlight, Gerber Tempo, Rayovac LED, Streamlight MicroStream.

Also, I forgot to throw in a shot of my Fenix E01...
007-60.jpg

These run on more than one AAA battery, but don't use the cylinder-style holders:
002-71.jpg

From left to right (increasing order of brightness): Rayovac AAA battery, Eveready Pen Light (two AAAs), Military-issue Pen Light (goes to the Emergency Surgery Kit, two AAAs), Princeton Tec Blast (two AAAs), Princeton Tec Quad headlight (three AAAs), Energizer 6-LED headlight (three AAAs).
The Rayovac 70-lumen lantern at the end is misplaced; it runs on three AAs.
The horizontally-oriented Rayovac Pen Light is also misplaced; it runs on one AAA.

These run on AAA batteries, held by a cylinder-style holder:
003-75.jpg

From left to right (increasing order of brightness): Rayovac AAA battery, typical holder, freebie 9-LED from Harbor Freight (three AAAs), freebie 9-LED from Sam's Club (three AAAs), Garrity 9-LED (three AAAs), Dorcy LED (three AAAs), Brinkmann 3-mode headlight (three AAAs), Brinkmann 12-LED / Laser (three AAAs).

These also run on AAAs in a cylinder...
004-73.jpg

Left to right: Rayovac AAA battery, typical holder, Brinkmann headlamp (three AAAs), Coleman Mini Packlight (three AAAs), Coast LED Lenser 100-lumen (three AAAs), Dorcy 145-lumen LED headlight (three AAAs).

The only CR123 light I own, a Dorcy 80-lumen...
006-57.jpg

These two run on D batteries:
008-59.jpg

Left to right: Duracell D battery, Energizer Weather Ready 3-mode lantern (three Ds), MagLite 3-D LED.

These use a single AA battery:
009-59.jpg

Left to right: Duracell AA battery, Energizer 40-lumen LED, TerraLux Lightstar 100 3-mode.

These all use two AA batteries:
010-56.jpg

Left to right: Duracell AA battery, Mini MagLite with Nite Ize 3-LED drop-in, Mini MagLite LED, Mini MagLite LED with Nite Ize tailcap, Rayovac 70-lumen LED, Rayovac 100-lumen LED.

Four AA Dorcy lantern...
011-56.jpg

These use a coin-cell battery:
005-65.jpg

SOLED, Fauxton, Finger Light.

Not pictured: another Mini MagLite AA (upgraded with the 3-LED Nite Ize drop-in), Streamlight Stylus Pro, about eight more of those freebies from Harbor Freight, a D-cell angle-head military-issue light, and a Streamlight Stylus 3.

I'm waiting on a Leatherman Monarch 300, Leatherman Serac 3, and Romisen RC-A2. What else do I need? :twothumbs
which are the runtimes for the energizer weather ready ? thx.

Nicrod

Flashaholic
I have the same energizer headlamp. And I had the rayovac aaa penlight but I wore the switch out in less than a month.
And I retired the headlamP and use a nitecore ex10 in the nitecore headband. I also have a coast led 120 lumen white/20lmn red my first light that cost over $20.00. And I like that gerber sonic. I think I'll google that after I leave here.

Last edited:

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
As "newbie" as the collection may seem to some people, your collection has much more value than most people will ever put into their illumination gears.

Moka

Enlightened
Not a bad collection, I would like to however direct your attention to the main forum page where there is a subforum specifically devoted to flashlight collecting, amazingly enough called "Flashlight collecting"... Where you can post pictures of your collections. Perhaps one of our mods could move it there...

Also you may wish to read http://www.candlepowerforums.com/Rules.html paying attention this time, particularly to the part about downsizing large images.

Last edited:

DaveG

Enlightened
I like the silver sonic,I just bought the same orange ROV pen light.