Three stage A2?

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
I just put a new bulb in my A2, it goes from low level LED, to intermediate "Orange" Xenon beam, and then a second later into normal high beam. I think somebody else had this happen to them a while back but I can not find the post. What was the verdict?

It seems once it is warmed up a little the intermediate beam goes away.

TIA

McGizmo

Flashaholic
You have some resistance somewhere in the battery path that is making the light *think* the voltage is too low. If you can clean up all contacts surfaces at the front end as well as in the switch, you will probably see this go away. Good Luck.

- Don

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine`s doing that at the moment too. It hasn`t been used for a while - been playing with the L4 and it got neglected, I thought it was just feeling lonely and wanted my attention!

Could it be the batteries too? I heard somewhere that Lithium cells sometimes "go to sleep" if they havn`t been used for a while, so the next time they get used the voltage/current starts out low but quickly perks back up as something fun happens inside. Wonder if the SF123 lithiums do that too? The set that`s in there right now has hardly been used.

I`ll try the contact cleaning tomorrow, see what that does. Strange that it would develop this little quirk after a couple months sat alone standing on its head. Maybe it got dizzy....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
I'm sure it is not often that anyone out guesses the great McGizmo, but in the case the batteries were the culprit. Congratulations TIN!

Thank you both for the responses, I did check over the contact points yesterday.

PS: It is always embarassing to run out of gas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I only know this because it has happened to me 2 or 3 times and each time I thought the tailswitch was messed-up. Then one day I wanted to change the cells because I was going for a walk and noticed it had stopped. The next time the orange condition occurred, I changed the cells and it cleared up again. Glad I could help.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Good job Ray! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I falsely *assumed* the batteries were fresh. Duh!

- Don

Latest posts