Can somebody tell me what the Maratac 9290-AA CountyComm is designed for?

LED Flashlights.

Enlightened
I've owned this flashlight for awhile now, and I was just wondering what the flashlight was designed for being CountyComm says, "almost all their products were specially designed and in limited qualities".

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
To be a flashlight.

You got me, what's the punch line? Oh maybe this isthe one that's the exception to the statement. You know the almost.....

LED Flashlights.

Enlightened
Supposedly, almost all of CountyComm's Products are "specially designed" for customers.

The Maratac 9290-AA is actually a iTP Flashlight with a different body etc.

I was just wondering why The Maratac 9290-AA is specially designed.

What would be the reason is all I want to know.

Last edited:

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not 100% sure I understand the question, but presumably they were approached by some company or agency wanting flashlights made to certain specs, eg: brightness levels, size, durability etc. and this flashlight was the result.

Newly Enlightened
Specially designed and limited quantities are market speak for:

"Get One Now!!! Special Design!!! Limited Quantity!!! Don't let this opportunity pass!!!"

Well, I added the last bit but you get the picture.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Well now that this thread has been opened up I have what I think is honestly the best answer for you.

Ask them.

After all, how would we know. Unless this thread is really intended to be a soapbox (which I think it is) then please ignore my answer and do what you came to do.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure I read somewhere that they made and/or sourced things for companies and government agencies with specific requirements, however that could be hearsay. Yes, try asking them.

LED Flashlights.

Enlightened
Thanks guys.

Yeah, I've owned the flashlight for awhile now, and it has held up the Cold Winters and Hot Summers so far.

*KNOCK ON WOOD*.

Hopefully, it will be the last flashlight I have to buy for along time.

Last edited:

LED Flashlights.

Enlightened
I'm sure I read somewhere that they made and/or sourced things for companies and government agencies with specific requirements, however that could be hearsay. Yes, try asking them.

How cool would that be if The CIA or The FBI use the flashlights?

That would be so cool.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
They were designed for US!!!!

Goverment flashlights are all surefires

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Thanks guys.

Yeah, I've owned the flashlight for awhile now, and it has held up the Cold Winters and Hot Summers so far.

*KNOCK ON WOOD*.

Hopefully, it will be the last flashlight I have to buy for along time.

It is a very good light. Very solid and robust with a tight beam and great throw. I like the ramping interface like some of the Nitecores. The only reason Im selling mine is it is just a bit bulky for my taste.

LightGiver

Newly Enlightened
It really comes alive on 14500.

With that level of performance the size does not matter.
I'm talking about the "civilian" iTP C7T. ;)

I concur, my 9290 looks better with a 14500. Not a huge difference, but noticeable, and stays brighter longer than with alkalines. I doubt the 190 lumen claim, though.