• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ** P7 Shorty MAG with D2Flex ** withdrawn

737mech

Enlightened
I put this light together with the intentions of keeping it so unfortunately I didnt' get pictures of the build process. I don't mind saying that this was built very cleanly and am very happy with the way it turned out. The body was cut and finned by wquiles and he also made the delrin 18650 battery sleeve, did the deep tailcap mod, and made a plug for the tailcap spring. I modified the switch to momentary and mounted the D2Flex driver (set up in 5 level mode) to the top of the switch using a small cut off portion of a stock plastic Maglite reflector . I used 26 guage teflon coated wire to make all the connections. The P7 is a DSWOI bin and has a very warm beam. It is direct driven and mounted on a Britelumens heatsink and the beam is smoothed out with a MOP Britelumens reflector that has had the opening centered by wquiles on his lathe. The beam in this torch is very nice and virtually artifact free. To top it off I installed a glass UCL lens. Included with this package is a brand new Trustfire 18650 cell.

withdrawn

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0008-4.jpg

Beamshot with light on high
IMG_0009-3.jpg

Beamshot with light on low
IMG_0011-2.jpg

Last edited:

www14344

Newly Enlightened
Re: ** P7 Shorty MAG with D2Flex ** PRICE DROP

How many lumens does it produce (in your guestimate) ?

737mech

Enlightened
Re: ** P7 Shorty MAG with D2Flex ** PRICE DROP

It has 5 levels. On high with a fully charged cell I would guess its around 800 to 1000 lumens.... If you search around the forum you can find a ton of technical data for a direct driven P7 similiar to this setup and get a pretty good idea of output. I don't have any way of measuring actual output. Hope this helps.
:)