Good thrower (spot) wanted

jack-n-barra

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys, Looking for recomendations for a good torch/Flashlight that will throw a spot a distance of 200m/yards.
Would prefer it to be a off the shelf model or from a reputable builder not a DIY job.
Rechargable batteries preferably 18650 Li.
Have looked at quite a few but would be great to here some first hand experiences.

Thanks Tod lovecpf

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
RRT-1 and the new Skyline II are totally different lights. Ones big, the other 6P sized. RRT-1 is a bit old, the Tiablo A10, and Masterpiece Pro 1 are much better throwers in the same size range as RRT-1. About 50,000 lux vs 35,000 for RRT-1. Not to mention the RRT-1 is a poor design, with a 9mm hole behind the 16mm LED board. Poor heat-sinking. And on mine the LED had come loose and toasted the LED. I guess they used very little Thermal epoxy to keep it from over-flowing into the driver board/selector-ring chamber thru the 9mm hole.

IMG_6667.jpg

Last edited:

ArmyMedicDad

Newly Enlightened
RRT-1 and the new Skyline II are totally different lights.
I thought we were talking about the original Skyline, the Skyline I, and not the Skyline II. I would think that the Skyline I would very very comparable to the RRT-1.

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought we were talking about the original Skyline, the Skyline I, and not the Skyline II. I would think that the Skyline I would very very comparable to the RRT-1.

Even the SL1 is not comparable. SL1=20,000 lux, SL2=13,000 lux, RRT-1=35,000 lux, MPP1 and Tiablo A10= 50,000+ lux.

Last edited:

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK I see. Didn't realize the Skyline 1 was so much bigger than the Skyline 2. It's actually 1/2" longer than the RRT-1. (if their number is accurate. I just measured my SL 2, and it's 10mm longer than they advertised)

Last edited:

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got a Skyline 1 Friday from E bay. Amazing for the price. It's a great little thrower. Probably not as powerful as some others, but for $27...the deal of the year so far. Works great on an 18650.

sjmack

Newly Enlightened
Fenix TK11s are solid throwers. They do a heckuva job at it.