Really Simple (and probably stupid) Question about LF D36 Mini-Turbo on a G2

caneau

Newly Enlightened
A while ago, I melted the Lexan lens on my Surefire G2 and I decided to replace the head with a D36 Mini-Turbo from Lumens Factory. The head went on fine, except that with two CR123 batteries, there's a big gap behind the batteries, and with three batteries, the springs won't compress enough for me to put on the tailcap. I was wondering what my options are in this situation, and which you all would suggest. So far I have determined I might be able to...

1) Put a few magnets in front or behind the batteries to make up the gap and still be conductive

2) See if I can locate a 1/2 battery extender and turn the G2 into a (essentially) G3

3) Order a Seraph kit from Lumens Factory and take the D26 head and put it on the G2, and the Mini-Turbo head would go on the Seraph kit.

4) I'm not sure if any other Surefire or similar lights would just work straight-up with the D36 Mini-Turbo head. I could look at acquiring a 6P body as an option as well.

Are there any other options I'm missing? What would you suggest?

Thanks all!

caneau

Newly Enlightened
Ok, a quick update...

I purchased a few small, 1/2" magnets from Radio Shack and some Delrin spacers from a hardware store to make sure the magnets don't short circuit. I put three magnets in between the batteries and screwed on the tailcap...and nothing happened. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again.