Led lens,cap fell off?

ynotfatboy

Newly Enlightened
My led lens,cap fell off my Dorcy 41-4299 220 Lumen LED Rechargeable Flashlight.It has a cree xre Q4 led.Shoud I try to glue it back on or just take it out? Has any one replace a led in this light?Any suggestions?:thinking:

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you mean the silicon dome? Gluing it on will not work. From what I've read in other instances, output will drop around 30% (in lumens), but lux numbers should improve.

Helmut.G

Enlightened
If you mean the glass dome, don't try to put it back on, that will most probably only make things worse.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buy yourself a new Q5 flux led from DX for $5 and swap them out, that is the best and easiest option imo.

ynotfatboy

Newly Enlightened
Do you mean the silicon dome? Gluing it on will not work. From what I've read in other instances, output will drop around 30% (in lumens), but lux numbers should improve.

Yes its the dome I didn't know what to call it.

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take some pictures of it as taken apart as you can get it, that should improve the suggestions you get dramatically.

If it's doable, and you aren't comfortable soldering a new LED in, I offer a modding service here on the forums.