Wuben        

Thread: Flashaholics Anonymous

Default Flashaholics Anonymous

My wife is sitting here with me while I browse the threads and says "You need to start a Flashaholics Anonymous Group".
    I thought CPF WAS a flashaholics anonymous group. I did give her a E1E/KL1. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Default Re: Flashaholics Anonymous

Kevin:
    I think your wife has got an excellent idea. I'd like to be the first to sign up.
    oldgrandpajack

Honest honey, I need 37 flashlights.
    Or,
    Did you buy another flashlight?
    Hi my name is Kevin and I have too many flashlights.
    This could be very funny. What do other wives say about all the flashlights?
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif[/img]

If I were still married, there would be a Surefire shining where the sun don't. All you married guys out there, count your blessings. I envy you!
    oldgrandpajack

Flashaholic*

I'm a member of the real one so why not this one too? Ok, Who is chairin, you Kevin? Doug [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

*Flashaholic*

Making more all the time BwahaaBwahaa- Why aint I loosing weight- do it mostly on my lunch hour??

Larry

To take the first step, one has to admit a problem exists--I see no problem here...now just move along and ignore the artificial sunrise I'm creating...

*tympany theme to "A Space Odesey" playing in background"

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] alright, I'm sick in the head...

-Jason

Flashaholic*

Required Therapy: in front of all others in group, you must dump all of your flashlight collection in a big dumpster. Then you are issued a Solitaire, which is the only light you are permitted to use, henceforth.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif[/img]

*Flashaholic*

Thus sprach Zarthrustra- or something like that [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Larry

Flashaholic

Batterystation,

Funny you should mention this. I have a friend at work whom I have converted to a Flashaholic. He has bought quite a few lights during the short time that he has been a Flashaholic. His CPF handle is "Lightster". His wife is always joking around about our Flashaholism and came up with the same idea. She poked around on the CPF boards and figured out my handle. She created her own CPF account under the appropriate handle of "Lightsout". She then PM'd me yesterday afternoon with the following message:

"Congratulations Luminocity! Due to your extensive knowledge of flashlights and all that illuminates, you've been selected to be the first participant in a newly created program for those suffering from flashaholism. This unique 12-step program was specifically designed for you and others like you who have tendencies toward flashlight fanaticism. Isn't it time you took the first step towards freedom of mind and soul from the debilitating effects of flashaholism?"

I thought it was hilarious and of course I knew it was her because Lightster is always telling me that she calls me the "flashlight pusher"! I have never met her, but I can tell that she has a great sense of humor!

My wife just kind of shakes her head every time I break out my lights (a frequent occurrence) and mumbles something to the effect of "you are so strange". Actually, she is really quite supportive of my hopeless condition and has been encouraging me lately to order an L4. I think that she likes the ARC AAA with attached green Glowring that I gave her.

It is always interesting to see how the spouses of Flashaholics view our interesting hobby/obsession!

Flashaholic*

OK, just as long as the Solitaire has been modded with a Luxeon driven off a LiIon cell. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

let's get serious, my name is Keith and I'm a flashaholic and my life has become unmanageable. One light was too many and a thousand was not enough. I could never just light one beam on a wall and walk away, oh no, it was always beam after beam, one hot spot after another, but always a different color they were, white ones, bluish ones, greenish tinted ones and than just the almost white ones. Now I must make amends to the people that I have hurt in my compulsion. I knew it was probably just my next door neighbor taking out the garbage, but just because I was holding my freshly charged Tigerlight, I knew that I had to light him up just to make sure. He didn't find it really funny, when after calling out his name I blasted him (to bad it wasn't just the Blaster VI) with my Tigerlight with it's new lamp assembly, and after waving in a desparate way for me to stop, did I see what I had become, a flashamaniac.

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
    Charles Bradshaw said:
    Required Therapy: in front of all others in group, you must dump all of your flashlight collection in a big dumpster. Then you are issued a Solitaire, which is the only light you are permitted to use, henceforth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there any rule about be raiding the dumpster after the meeting? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

From "flashaholic" to "dumpster diver" in the same evening.
    Then back to "flashaholic" once your backpack or bag is full. Then, the next day, you're looking for the guy who sells stolen batteries on Pike Street, hoping he kyped some Energizer L91 lithiums instead of Duracell Ultras, and still sells them for 25˘ apiece. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif[/img] :toliet: [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    Charles Bradshaw said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch, Cold Turkey!!!

With all due respect, compassion, and sympathy for those of you who suffer this debilitating illness...

Perhaps you didn't know it, but I am the designated one to collect all of your torches. I of course am keeping them in a safe, though unidentified, location until you can reasonably deal with said affliction.

Unfortunately, no one is ready to deal with said affliction yet, therefore I am tasked to maintain this collection. It's depressing to look at all of these photonic emitters, as they merely remind me of all of you who are indeed in a state of such suffering. However, I am strong and will continue to accept your torches to help you recognize and correct this addictive compulsion of yours!

Though I am still accepting torches of all types, I'm especially looking to "hold for you" the latest mods. If you can't bring yourself to part with all, start with your brightest 5 watters (oh and Tigerlights!). If you must, absolutely pre-pay for new torches, I encourage you to use my home address for shipping, thus avoiding further frustration of handling these new torches!

Together, we can get through this...trust me! Please!!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif[/img]

Flashaholic

Oh great... Now that I've read some of these posts, I think my chances of finding a truly compatible soulmate have been severely diminished thanks to CPF. I hope I'm not stuck with a woman who stares silently in disappointment [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif[/img] ...or one who voices it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]