Anyone put an XPG in an E1B yet? Or E1L even?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I'm still trying to decide what light I should get. I haven't had a decent one in a couple of months. I've been thinking of getting a Ra Clicky and having someone put an R5 or S2 (when they come out). I saw another thread where someone put another Cree in one with modified reflector and it looked hawt. So now I'm thinking of possibly getting one of the new 110 lumen E1Bs' (when they actually are labeled that and get to the dealers) and doing a similar mod. It would be awesome if the XPG would work the same with the stock optic and just be brighter.

So what are the possibilities here?

I am also interested in possibly getting an E1L modded with a XPG R5 or S2. I'm wondering what the output would be concerning that mod. As far as the R6 emitters, when are they supposed to come out and what kind of output over the R5/S2s will there be?Again I would love to keep the stock optic - anyone know what they look?

Last edited:

PeaceOfMind

Enlightened
I think the somewhat floodier beam that the XP-G would be bound to provide (even with a TIR) would be a good fit in an E1L... I'd be interested in such a mod as well if anyone has info.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I asked Nailbender and my buddy Kramer5150 to do some for me.

My observation was that you need to drive them at 1A and anything more then that you need additional heatsinking.

bigC