What bodies will fit/work on a surefire 618FA or similar forend?

BUZ

Enlightened
Can anyone tell me what bodies will fit/work on the surefire 618FA or similar forend? Did some searching however didn't find anything.

Last edited:

BUZ

Enlightened
Please delete this post....

Please delete this post (accidental DP). :oops:

Last edited:

DieselTech

Enlightened
My model 660 classic weaponlight screws into my 618 fore end, and allows 9v operation. I did however, instaflash a P60 with that experiment. :candle: I knew better, just didn't think about it.

I'd think any body that fits the classic or XM tailcaps would work. My 951 fits the same tailcap as the 660, but the 951 has a rail mount built into the body of the light.

BUZ

Enlightened
My model 660 classic weaponlight screws into my 618 fore end, and allows 9v operation. I did however, instaflash a P60 with that experiment. :candle: I knew better, just didn't think about it.

I'd think any body that fits the classic or XM tailcaps would work. My 951 fits the same tailcap as the 660, but the 951 has a rail mount built into the body of the light.

Thanks for the info! The 660 will accept the Z44 correct?

You wouldn't be interested in parting with the 660 body now would you? :D

DieselTech

Enlightened
I don't know if mine is the newer or older style. It has a round bezel, so I would guess it is an older style. That said, I doubt SF would change the threads on the light, so a newer version should work just as well.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Lamp Modules screw into WeaponLight dedicated forend Housings. No 'bodies' since the housing is the body.

If you tell is us what you want to achieve I can work out what the options are.

I suggest you look at the LM1 and LM2 LED Lamp Modules.

BUZ

Enlightened
I don't know if mine is the newer or older style. It has a round bezel, so I would guess it is an older style. That said, I doubt SF would change the threads on the light, so a newer version should work just as well.

Thanks for the info!

Lamp Modules screw into WeaponLight dedicated forend Housings. No 'bodies' since the housing is the body.

If you tell is us what you want to achieve I can work out what the options are.

I suggest you look at the LM1 and LM2 LED Lamp Modules.

Was gonna go that route if I had no other options (they are a tad more than I wanted to spend). Just wanted to know if there were any 6v or 9v bodies out there that would work with the forend and wanted to stay LED if possible. Think I may try to get an 660 body and install one of surefires new KX4 120 lumen heads (should fit the 660 correct)?

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 660 body will screw into a dedicated forend, or can be attached using an M79 mount or any 1" scope mount. 6P will screw in also, but won't go all the way since the threaded area is longer, and wouldn't be recommened...but it will work in a pinch.

Size15's

Flashaholic
If you only have the forend housing, effectively starting from scratch, then a whole 660 is more than you need.
Simply get an L60 (which is a component of the 660 anyway)