Sharing some Oveready 6P pics

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got two 6P hosts this past week and I love them so much that I just had to take a few pics and share. One is the Orange Ceramic paint and the other is the custom HA 6P. Beautiful work!!

Both lights are 18650 bored. The Orange one is running a SST-50 4500K 2.8 3-level drop-in and the HA is running a Nailbender SST-90 3000K 3-level direct drive drop-in. I've measure 3.3 Amps at the tail on the SST-90 so it's pushing 600-700 lumens based on the bin.

Oveready_01.JPG

Oveready_03.JPG

Oveready_04.JPG

Oveready_05.JPG

Oveready_06.JPG

Oveready_07.JPG

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had to share one more shot of the detail of the orange on the inside of the bezel ring - it adds such a nice touch to this light.

Oveready_10.JPG

Oveready_11.JPG

sjmack

Newly Enlightened
Holy crap, I do everything I can to not buy one of the orange 6Ps, but there has been a lot of threads with them lately. Its not easy saying no.

On that note, how does the cerakote hold up?

tolkaze

Enlightened
They look so gorgeous... If I were to buy a new SF, it would be one of these! but I also want a triple or at least another NB... I don't have a spare $300+ for the combo :(

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm with you Shine On, Tom, Dan and Sarah are selling some of the most beautiful Surefires available.

The 6P has a Nailbender SST-50.
The C2 has a Triple XPG.

Your C2 is a beauty.

Chance

cimg1977e.jpg

The silver bezel ring and strap clip ring (not sure what call it?) are really sharp with the orange.

Thanks on the C2 - Dan bored it out for me and it's running a NB XP-G 3000K warm drop-in with AW 2.6 18650. A nice modern touch to a pretty rare SF light.

Darvis

Enlightened
sjmak, I have one of the orange cerakotes and asked Dan the same question about durability to which he replied by hitting one with a hammer. It did not chip.

I have dropped mine several times with no damage and the cerakote cleans right up with a soft cloth. Several of my friends have had rifles done with the same finish and they look great after some serious abuse as well.

I would, however, recommend the stainless bezel ring as I think the edges would chip if hit just right. I also have one of the natural HAIII ones and think the cerakote feels more durable, though I can't prove that for sure. The application of the coating is very well done and the attention to detail is excellent. The coating lines, even on the insides, are very sharp with no bleed-over like you might find on a bad paint job.

Chance, I just ordered one of those lanyard rings for mine, looks great on yours. Glad to have seen that shot with it on there.

My orange "emergency light" powers a Malkoff M60LL with an AW18650 and the HAIII has an M61/AW combo as well, but I think there's a C3 in my future for the M61

Last edited:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
im jealous!

ive been lusting over an oveready orange p60 host for some time now.

the c2 would cost me about $200. and have been seriously thinking about NB SST-90 3k drop in.

solarforce for $20, or the already perfect oveready host!? i already know i wont be satisfied with the solarforce, but the oveready is $200!!!

*sign* i need a raise, or a nice big bonus!

Noctis

Enlightened
sjmak, I have one of the orange cerakotes and asked Dan the same question about durability to which he replied by hitting one with a hammer. It did not chip.

I have dropped mine several times with no damage and the cerakote cleans right up with a soft cloth. Several of my friends have had rifles done with the same finish and they look great after some serious abuse as well.

I would, however, recommend the stainless bezel ring as I think the edges would chip if hit just right. I also have one of the natural HAIII ones and think the cerakote feels more durable, though I can't prove that for sure. The application of the coating is very well done and the attention to detail is excellent. The coating lines, even on the insides, are very sharp with no bleed-over like you might find on a bad paint job.

Chance, I just ordered one of those lanyard rings for mine, looks great on yours. Glad to have seen that shot with it on there.

My orange "emergency light" powers a Malkoff M60LL with an AW18650 and the HAIII has an M61/AW combo as well, but I think there's a C3 in my future for the M61
One more reason why I wished I could've gotten my M2-50 + Turnkey C2 combo in full white cerakote.