Looking for an all flood single AAA light

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a budget all flood single aaa light that has been reviewed on CPF. I don't remember the name and thus can't find it. I need help looking for it, or another all flood aaa light. Thanks.

Darvis

Enlightened
Check out the Peak Eiger. The medium beam is a pure, diffused flood light and it comes in all shapes, battery types and power levels. Be sure to call peak rather than try to order via the website.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
As said the Peak Eiger is supposed to be a perfect beam. They also offer narrow, medium or wide beam. While not a "budget light" (Eigers start at $39.95 for aluminum HAIII) they do fill your requirements for AAA and flood!~

I have a medium and wide Eiger in the works. I'll post when they arrive.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I need is something as small and as light as the Maratac AAA I have but with a floodier beam for hand-free, up-close tasks. The Maratac works fine in this role, but I have to aim the light precisely at the work I am doing. A floodier beam would work better.

The E01 is not bright enough. I had one and returned it.

The Peak lights appear to be longer and heavier than the Maratac AAA.

HJK's review doesn't have the light I am looking for.

Thanks for suggestions, guys.

Last edited:

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Peak Eiger is available in MANY variations. The SS and Brass are certainly on the heavy side, but not so the HAIII. And in single AAA format there are three battery compartments that can use the wide beam (which has a short head) - first, a relatively long keychain/momentary switch body, second, a shorter lug style, and third, a very short pocket body:

DSC00200-1.jpg

Of course, if you're not married to the AAA, the same Eiger head can also be fitted onto a shorter LiIon 10280 body:

DSC00202-1.jpg

And if this is still too long, it can be used with the LiIon 10180 battery compartment (btw, the 10180 Eiger is small enought to fit entirely inside an AA battery):

DSC00203-1.jpg

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I honestly don't feel like your getting yourself the right light. Why does it need to be AAA? So you can attach it to a headband or cap or something? Also why aren't you using your zebralight for this? Seems like it would be ideal for your current needs. Maybe I am missing something or we need more info.

Another idea, maybe you just need to use some tape or a chapstick cap to diffuse your maratac.

Incidentalist

Enlightened
Thanks. This is the light I was looking for, but I don't need titanium. It seems to have reliability problem.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/251177

I figured it was the right light, but yes there have been reliability problems.

The only other 1xAAAs that I have that are either pure flood or almost pure flood are the already mentioned Eiger and the McGizmo Saphire (with 3mm led). The Saphire is only available in Ti and is around $150, that said, it provides a great beam and is damn near indestructable.

I'm also a little confused as to why your H501 isn't filling the bill for this aplication. :thinking: How about an H30, I've got one I'd sell ya. :naughty:

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd also like to suggest the Peak Eiger, HAIII pocket body and wide beam. Not budget, but I feel you get what you pay for and I personally would pay the extra for the Peak than buy an iTP EOS or Maratac AAA.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I honestly don't feel like your getting yourself the right light. Why does it need to be AAA? So you can attach it to a headband or cap or something? Also why aren't you using your zebralight for this? Seems like it would be ideal for your current needs. Maybe I am missing something or we need more info.

Another idea, maybe you just need to use some tape or a chapstick cap to diffuse your maratac.

The Maratac is the backup to my H501. But it hasn't been used for a while. I want to test it to make sure it works well. For the test, it will be the only light I will use for a few weeks. So far, it can do 80% of what the H501 can do. All that is needed is a floodier beam.

The light has to be a small and light AAA because it is worn around my neck all the time. I slept with it on me last night, went to work with it on me, and worked out in the gym with it on me.

I am not a fan of homemade diffusers like tape and bottle cap because they reduce the brightness considerably.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
As said the Peak Eiger is supposed to be a perfect beam. They also offer narrow, medium or wide beam. While not a "budget light" (Eigers start at $39.95 for aluminum HAIII) they do fill your requirements for AAA and flood!~

I have a medium and wide Eiger in the works. I'll post when they arrive.

I look forward to reading your review. I find the lack of information frustrating though. Emitter, length and runtime are not provided. This website http://www.oveready.com/peak-led-flashlights/aaa-peak-eiger-xpg-aluminum/stainless/prod_152.html has the basic Eiger for $48. For about $10 more, another option for me is the Liteflux LF2XT.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe Peak is now also using an optic for their wide beam option. Peak makes a nice light and is very durable.

The Peak should be about $39 if it is in the US (depending on material chosen).

I think special orders are now being much longer than in the past though.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe Peak is now also using an optic for their wide beam option. Peak makes a nice light and is very durable.

The Peak should be about $39 if it is in the US (depending on material chosen).

I think special orders are now being much longer than in the past though.

yes the basic aluminum model is $39.95

brass model is $44.95

Stainless Steel is $49.95

The Oveready model is the Stainless Steel head with aluminum body and it is $48.00.

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I need is something as small and as light as the Maratac AAA I have but with a floodier beam for hand-free, up-close tasks. The Maratac works fine in this role, but I have to aim the light precisely at the work I am doing. A floodier beam would work better.

The E01 is not bright enough. I had one and returned it.

The Peak lights appear to be longer and heavier than the Maratac AAA.

HJK's review doesn't have the light I am looking for.

Thanks for suggestions, guys.
Don't dismiss the Peak lights that quickly - the Al HAIII is lightweight.
The Peak lights are a beautifully made American made light and offer excellent performance. IMHO they are much better made than the Quark etc China lights.

James...