Finally got my SF L4 but have some questions.....

Turbo6

Newly Enlightened
First of all is the serial number on the head? The number on the head is A05729. I heard that some were missing a O ring or had a few problems and was woundering is mine had that same problem.

And is the KL4 head will be available later in the future? And will you be able in the future to mod this light to make it even more brighter?

I have this light for about a week now and is amazed of how bright this little sucker is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif. I go the the race track often and we race durring the nightime and our track here don't have much lighting. Everyone there was impressed in this light but they go scared in the $140+ price tag /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
There is a SN on the head, AND on the body. They differ. The KL4 head should be available as a separate part eventually.

To check if yours is air/water tight, give it a blow/suck test. If your cheeks are sensitive enough to pressure changes, you can test it dry. Doing the test underwater makes it even more obvious. Recently shipped product should have the gasket problem solved.

*Anything* can be modified. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This is how I understand the situation. YMMV.

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
Re: Finally got my SF L4 but have some questions..

I would guess with a serial number in the 5,000 series you should not have an o-ring or gasket problem, they were a problem in the very first shipments.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Mine could almost be used as a straw in an emergency. I was hesitant to send it away in case I received a different unit back (I really like the color & brightness of mine), but another CPFer has offered to gasket mine so I ought to get the same one back. (I don't have the right tools for the job, and my girly hands can't break the Lock-Tight seal on the bezel).

The SN on the head of mine is A00531, and the body is A09928. So the head ought to be a seperate part as Darell says. Your KL4 head has a much higher number, so it should be properly gasketed and pass the blow/suck test.

Raindrop

Enlightened
I just got two SF L4's and they passed the test. In fact the new ones along with a new iteration KL1 that I got for one of my travel light combos have a little white dot stuck to the side of the bezel ring. Not sure if this a QA/QC pass mark or signifies that I have "white" LEDs. Just know that they are both much "whiter" than my first L4s. Color wise the "hot spot" is right in between my V2T and W3V McModules.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I believe the little dot stuck to the head is there to indicate LED color. A little white dot would indicate a white LED. I don't know what color dot they would use to indicate "rotten dog urine green", but I'd guess they either use a white dot, or send that unit back because of the horrible color. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened

As The Led Museum says the dot is suppose to indicate LED colour, my blue A2 had a blue Dot. I do not recall seeing the dot on my first shipment L4, maybe because they were all supppose to be white, my second L4 did have the white dot but is not as white as my first [not too bad, but definitely not as white].

The Led Museum also keeps changing the colour name, I think the proper name is "rotten cat urine green", and I feel that SF should properly mark those lights too, for all those people desiring that colour. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Alan Hsu

Enlightened

There's a white dot on the head of my L4 also. The local distributor said L4/KL4 would be availble in red, green, blue as well as white.

glen

Newly Enlightened
<font color="ccff99">"rotten cat urine green" </font>

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
CAT? Who says cat? When was a cat elevated to such lofty position as to have it's bodily functions compared to a Luxeon Star LED?

I'm a dog guy! Woof-Woof!