• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB - Modding Service for HDS

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking for someone to mod my HDS B60LE with an updated emitter, XPG perhaps? Work must be CLEAN, I can do a crappy job myself.....lol. It currently holds a K2 TFFC that was done by Milkyspit, but it has a nasty black dot in the hotspot that I just cannot live with. The reflector is removable, that may give me more options. Also, looking for the emitter that is efficient, any suggestions?

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking for someone to mod my HDS B60LE with an updated emitter, XPG perhaps? Work must be CLEAN, I can do a crappy job myself.....lol. It currently holds a K2 TFFC that was done by Milkyspit, but it has a nasty black dot in the hotspot that I just cannot live with. The reflector is removable, that may give me more options. Also, looking for the emitter that is efficient, any suggestions?

I had great luck with Tekno Cowboy putting a warm XPG in my 140. You might give him a shout.....here's my post showing the results.

lovecpf

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had great luck with Tekno Cowboy putting a warm XPG in my 140. You might give him a shout.....here's my post showing the results.

lovecpf

Thanks for the heads-up, nice thread. I am not sure if the modules are the same from old to new, but I am sure it could be done. I am also worried about the older reflector being different, not sure if it can be modified to achieve proper focus (if it needs to be done at all).

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was very pleasantly surprised at the 'new' beam shape after the mod. TC was able to use the original reflector - no damage at all - and the light went from a wide beam with little spot to a nice spot with a nice spill.

In the original post he mentions that he put an XPG in a Basic 42...

Good luck!!

:)

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was very pleasantly surprised at the 'new' beam shape after the mod. TC was able to use the original reflector - no damage at all - and the light went from a wide beam with little spot to a nice spot with a nice spill.

In the original post he mentions that he put an XPG in a Basic 42...

Good luck!!

:)

Nice, thank you for the info.

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like run4jc beat me to you :D

If the focus needs adjusting, I have copper shims and a lathe, so I can adjust as needed.

Depending on what you're looking for in the light, I can order several different tints of the XP-G. There's also the High-CRI SSC emitter, which isn't as efficient as a lot of the newest emitters, but renders colors wonderfully. Let me know a bit about what you're looking for, and I'll make you a suggestion.