review: 160 Lumen aluminum flashlight features a High Powered K2 Luxeon 6 Watt LED So

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
won this beautiful Dorcy led flashlight at the FCW 6 camping last month. https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/264939&page=11 this was donated by the manufacturer. http://www.dorcy.com/products.aspx?p=414297

has this unique feature, a clickie with green and red light that tells you when to replace the batteries. green indicates more than 20 % of battery power, red tells you time to replace it real soon,less than 20 % of battery power remaining.
uses 3 AAA batteries, 160 purported lumens features a High Powered K2 Luxeon 6 Watt LED Solid State Diode one of the brightest LED lights available.

• Run Time: 5 Hrs.
  • Beam Distance: 164.04 ft.
  • Bulb Type: LED, K2 160
  • Batteries: AAAx3
  • Product Material: 6463 Aluminum Alloy
  • Product Dimensions: 5.31"
  • Bezel Diameter: 1.57"
  • Product Weight: 0.26 lbs.
  • Additional Features: LED Forever Bulb & Tail Cap Power Indicator - Turns Green to Red when 20%Less
  • Available Color(s): Black
  • Switch: Tail Cap Push Button Switch

kramer5150

Flashaholic
????
is there a review or any technical information exchange anywhere in this post?... or the linked cross-posts?

Last edited:

yowzer

Enlightened
I have one of those, though I think it's an older one that's not quite as bright (Rated 140 lumens, maybe?). Still plenty bright, decent thrower, with a nice tint K2, and respectable battery life considering the often-maligned 3AAA format. I don't like the tailcap, which besides the gimicky battery status light is really hard to get the threads lined up correctly when screwing it on.

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
????
is there a review or any technical information exchange anywhere in this post?... or the linked cross-posts?

ARGH!:ohgeez:.... I just spent 10 minutes going around in circles. Double - cross posting is a violation of rule #9.

was linking the camping thread and the light i won from the manufacturer. didn't think that was double-cross posting, sorry if it is.

TOQ

Newly Enlightened
We purchased this same light at Target last Christmas for my girlfriend's father. He is 89 years old, blind in one eye and can't see out of the other but he loves it and tells us it lights up his world! Light is in the eye of the beholder and as long as YOU like it and it works for YOU, let no person put it down no matter even if it's a Maglite..........!!!

Latest posts