Upgrade for M500A

DrunkUncas

Newly Enlightened
My M500 has been sitting in the closet for a couple of years now, and I sorta miss it. As it's 6+ years old, I'm assuming there's better technology available for it.

It's used almost exclusively indoors, so I want to go with an LED.

I'm not hiking with it, and I have the nav lights, so runtime isn't a priority. I want lumens!

What are my options? Will the LF P7 fit/work? Is there a cheaper LED drop in?

neoseikan

Enlightened
My M500 has been sitting in the closet for a couple of years now, and I sorta miss it. As it's 6+ years old, I'm assuming there's better technology available for it.

It's used almost exclusively indoors, so I want to go with an LED.

I'm not hiking with it, and I have the nav lights, so runtime isn't a priority. I want lumens!

What are my options? Will the LF P7 fit/work? Is there a cheaper LED drop in?

What size dropin is it using?

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LF P7 Seraph should fit. The OpticsHQ TX4 should also fit. Search CPF for threads on both products. If you already have a KT4 TurboHead for the M500A, then you can also use the various LED turbo towers that are available on CPF (nailbender sells a complete module, AW sells a kit, netkidz sells a kit). Search CPF for numerous threads on LED turbo towers. Nailbender also sells an LED drop-in for the smaller D36 sized bezel, if you don't have a KT4. To fit this LED drop-in, you either have to mod the SF bezel (essentially, remove the shock-absorbing system), or else also buy a pre-mod'ed clone bezel from nailbender.

DrunkUncas

Newly Enlightened
I guess I should have specified that it is bone stock.

Is that allowed here?